help need new climbing saw 338xp or200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sawinredneck said:
Laugh about that all you want, I got called on this one!!! 1985 BMW 325i, I believe, has muffler bearings!!!! Leave it to an engineer!!
Andy
Well, if it's not the muffer bearing, maybe saw needs it's radiator flushed.
Even the crankshaft assembly isn't $240 on a 338.
Is the dealers name Ben Dover?:laugh:

Go with the 200T great little saws. Andget the 14" Rollomatic Ligh bar, it balances the saw out perfectly!

The 200T went from 500 to 550 last month from Stihl Northeast. I have heard of different price increases around the country though.

BostonBull said:
Go with the 200T great little saws. Andget the 14" Rollomatic Ligh bar, it balances the saw out perfectly!

The 200T went from 500 to 550 last month from Stihl Northeast. I have heard of different price increases around the country though.

Northeast Stihl covers my area too...........that explains the price increase.

there was some other parts with that price. I'am going with the 200t with the 14inch bar but what kind of bar should I get with it. Thank's alot for all your help and have good night. Carl

sawinredneck said:
Laugh about that all you want, I got called on this one!!! 1985 BMW 325i, I believe, has muffler bearings!!!! Leave it to an engineer!!
Andy

Yeah, keep laughing. Mufflers don't have moving parts, and therefore, no bearings. You didn't get "called" you got "took"

Sorry

1wildthing said:
Yeah, keep laughing. Mufflers don't have moving parts, and therefore, no bearings. You didn't get "called" you got "took"

Sorry

Wrong again!!!!! Go to an Autozone and ask, they make them!! (I have a buddy that works there, he is the one that told me the story, want the part number for proof? It's only a phone call away!)
Andy

Mike Maas said:
Well, if it's not the muffer bearing, maybe saw needs it's radiator flushed.
Even the crankshaft assembly isn't $240 on a 338.
Is the dealers name Ben Dover?:laugh:

Anddo Wecheatem and How

:rock:

26newtreeguy said:
I'am going with the 200t with the 14inch bar but what kind of bar should I get with it. Thank's alot for all your help and have good night. Carl

From post 22
BostonBull said:
Go with the 200T great little saws. Andget the 14" Rollomatic Light bar, it balances the saw out perfectly!

That's a Stihl bar, btw.

if your using a climbing saw to make money the 200t is the saw.
the saw is expensive,but being broken down or fighting with a saw that won't run right is more expensive.

mini kahuna said:
if your using a climbing saw to make money the 200t is the saw.
the saw is expensive,but being broken down or fighting with a saw that won't run right is more expensive.

Very true.:cheers:

I just got the 200t for 495.95 + taxes witch is 5%. I thinkthat good deal. We drop I 45feet elm over fence. The saw did the job. I can't weight for it to be broken. Thank's for everbody's help. The old xp well I'am think about chipping it up.

26newtreeguy said:
I just got the 200t for 495.95 + taxes witch is 5%. I thinkthat good deal. We drop I 45feet elm over fence. The saw did the job. I can't weight for it to be broken. Thank's for everbody's help. The old xp well I'am think about chipping it up.
Congrats, I know you will like it.

i'll take the 338 off your hands.

i'm down in hartford ct.you may want to check out the 338xp california model at bailey's.
i bought the stihl 192 and bored out the muffler and adjusted the carb.great saw and i use it to make money all the time.really light weight.

Latest posts

Back