Help pro bar I just bought don’t look right (Pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A95D2661-9640-42A8-8529-2977E3BD525A.jpeg FB622489-3BA3-45C3-B500-CF741DAA76B0.jpeg just bought a new 20” pro bar for my 455 rancher and as I was about to put it on noticed the oiled hole is too high for pickup! Also notice the old laminate bar is much narrower near the front, can these saws not support a pro bar?

Lol sure looks like it....

Did some reading online....
I had no idea there were two different sizes, fairly confident husky does not make a pro bar for a small bar mount.

Well I’m an idiot!
Can’t put pro stuff on a resi saw, maybe Oregon power match would fit.
My laminate farm tough bar is starting to split near the front and I wanted a quality replacement.
Hopefully they will take it back, if not I’ll have to save it for when I get a pro saw

Lol sure looks like it....

Did some reading online....
I had no idea there were two different sizes, fairly confident husky does not make a pro bar for a small bar mount.

Well I’m an idiot!
Can’t put pro stuff on a resi saw, maybe Oregon power match would fit.
My laminate farm tough bar is starting to split near the front and I wanted a quality replacement.
Hopefully they will take it back, if not I’ll have to save it for when I get a pro saw

Just need a K095 mount, and yes they make

K095 = Small mount

D009 = Large mount

Stihl makes 3 Mount sizes also

Erik

72dl
3/8 050

Funny cause when I got home I noticed the bar was 058 gauge, couldn’t find a marking on the milling Oregon chain he sold me so I called and asked if the chain was 058 as well. He said yes, this was before I realized the bar wouldn’t fit.
So I can see no difference between my old and new chain drive link thickness so I break out the caliber and they are exactly the same thickness. 050...
So he sold me a 058 bar and made me a ripping chain that was 050....

Going back when they are open next gonna sort this out... should have brought the saw...

Ah well had to pull a double shift so sent the girlfriend down to deal with the return, guy refused to believe that he sold me the wrong chain gauge so she said i used a caliber. Went into the back and came out with another chain apologizing profusely. Apologized about the bar mix up and she got the right one... sure does look purdy!!! Oiler hole is much smaller than stock, will have to read the oiler hole thread :)

This is my first ripping chain and all I have to say about it is that I should have bought one ages ago, the saw no longer takes forever in the cut, did notice that it cannot handle being buried full bar length, but halfway it’s amazing. The cut is just as fast as cutting against the grain with a standard chain! This was in hardwood as well very impressed.

72dl
3/8 050

Funny cause when I got home I noticed the bar was 058 gauge, couldn’t find a marking on the milling Oregon chain he sold me so I called and asked if the chain was 058 as well. He said yes, this was before I realized the bar wouldn’t fit.
So I can see no difference between my old and new chain drive link thickness so I break out the caliber and they are exactly the same thickness. 050...
So he sold me a 058 bar and made me a ripping chain that was 050....

Going back when they are open next gonna sort this out... should have brought the saw...

Whoever sold the bar probably didn't notice the gauge of the chain. Did you get it off the shelf, or did one of their techs dig it up and hand it to you? Many opportunities for a mistake, there.

If it was a special order, they got no excuse to not get it right.

Whoever sold the bar probably didn't notice the gauge of the chain. Did you get it off the shelf, or did one of their techs dig it up and hand it to you? Many opportunities for a mistake, there.

If it was a special order, they got no excuse to not get it right.

Yes he made it for me in the back from a roll.

On another note the rancher just don’t put out enough oil for a ripping chain, power is defenitly there just not enough oil as the angle of the tipping chain grabs more wood, more friction more heat...

Howdy,
Since the thread was about K095 mount bars, and .058 gauge, I thought I would mention a crazy deal I put together on some product that was gathering dust in the warehouse. It's a 18" .375 x .058 Jonsered Branded Oregon (188SLHK095) Pro-lite bar and 5 loops of GB (like 73DP without the guard link) chain for $30.00 http://leftcoastsupplies.com/product/18-oregon-bar-gb-chain-combo-gb-18-loop-375-058-loop-68dl/
Regards
Gregg
Hell of a deal! Fixin to order one.

Back