help to pick a new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How come there are so many husky manufacture referbished saws on ebay? It sounds like they are having a lot of trouble with certain models. 445,55 rancher, 450.

They are sold at the big box stores. People who know nothing about saws buy them and take them back, after they put bar oil in the gas tank and mix in the oil tank. Or just use one for a day or so and return for a refund. Talking about a lot of saws here, Husky cleans them up and resells.

Have anyone had any use on a shindaiwa 502? ($500 cad).Nearest dealed is 2 hours away.
What about a echo 530 or 450, are they any good? Dealer 5 min away for echo, stihl and husky. No othe dealers close.

Have anyone had any use on a shindaiwa 502? ($500 cad).Nearest dealed is 2 hours away.
What about a echo 530 or 450, are they any good? Dealer 5 min away for echo, stihl and husky. No othe dealers close.

I have a Shindaiwa 575 and like it alot, they are still made with minimal plastic which is a plus. It sucks echo has bought them out, but you can still get parts. My 575 will out do my MS390.

When I decided to retire my Titan 57 I didn't know how cheaply made saws were around. It looks like I my have to get a pro saw so that i won't endup with a saw with a plastic engine.

I checked on stihl canadian web site and it don't even list a 261. What is the difference between 260 and 261??

get a cs450p and make sure its a p... they also make a cs450.....for the money and durability you will like it....i wouldn't give mine up for nothing.
i would give my wife away first....lol:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I am looking for a new chainsaw. I have a titan 57 for the last 16-17 years and it has been great, I did no maintance on it lasted, no problems until last year when the fuel lines needed to be replaced. It still works but I am looking for a lighter saw but don't want to go down in power. I am looking at a echo 450($499), 530($579), stihl 270($499), 260, shindaiwa 502($499 no dealer close), Husky 445($429) not sure if I would be getting a orange poulan or not. I am looking for a saw that will not need a lot of repairs as it gets older. The prices are canadian and the echo, husky and stihl all come with a kit. I cut 5-6 cords a year. Thanks for any advice. I am new to site.
No dolmar dealer and 346xp is $750.

Husqvarna 346 or maybe 353, don´t know the price tag in canada. But here the 353 is much cheaper than the 346xp.

cs-450p

i just picked up a cs450p slightly used. How much have you used your saw? Did you remove the limiter caps and adjust the carb? If so how much difference did it make to the saw? Mine idles great and in any position, starts like a dream but feels a little down on power fo me. This may be just me down sizing from a 57cc saw to a 45cc.
Have any problems?

get a cs450p and make sure its a p... they also make a cs450.....for the money and durability you will like it....i wouldn't give mine up for nothing.
i would give my wife away first....lol:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I looked it up too, and suggest you stay with the Titan, it looks to be the best power to weight over any of the saws you could buy now. Just MHO. If you do buy a new saw and like it, and plan to sell the McCulloch, I'll buy it.

I am thinking about selling, i have a running titan 57 and one in pieces for parts.
It is hard to part with one that has treated me very well.
I looked it up too, and suggest you stay with the Titan, it looks to be the best power to weight over any of the saws you could buy now. Just MHO. If you do buy a new saw and like it, and plan to sell the McCulloch, I'll buy it.

Glad you made a choice; I assume it was for a good price; have an Echo polesaw that does the job. But for pro quality & power, not Echo but Efco for me (others will laugh, of course). Which province are you in, BTW?

shindaiwa 488 or 502

Hi,
I live in Ottawa and I am looking for a Shidaiwa 502 preferently. Do you know if there is any dealer around who still carries them?
Don

Latest posts

Back