Help - What Model is my Stihl 084?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perk

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Bought an old 084 last year. It is frightfully powerful and wonderful, and I have enjoyed running and servicing this awesome beast of a machine. I have had the opportunity to do some work on it.

When I look through the Illustrated Parts List, I see notes referring to models: 084, 084R, 084W, and 084RW. The differences seem to be inconsistent and involve things like the muffler base, muffler cover, chain catcher, clutch cover etc.........I think that some of this involves the heated handle, which I don not have.

Can anybody help me to understand what this is all about - and help me to identify which one that I have.

Bought an old 084 last year. It is frightfully powerful and wonderful, and I have enjoyed running and servicing this awesome beast of a machine. I have had the opportunity to do some work on it.

When I look through the Illustrated Parts List, I see notes referring to models: 084, 084R, 084W, and 084RW. The differences seem to be inconsistent and involve things like the muffler base, muffler cover, chain catcher, clutch cover etc.........I think that some of this involves the heated handle, which I don not have.

Can anybody help me to understand what this is all about - and help me to identify which one that I have.

084r= wrap handle
084w=winter heated handle
084rw= wrap handle and heated

with out a pic of your saw we dont know what you have

Latest posts

Back