Help with 272 XP please. ***updated with pics***

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiftedBlackHD

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was running my 272 XP all day yesterday. At the end of the day I went to start it and I can't pull the rope. I pulled the cover off and the rope functions properly. The flywheel will not turn. Is the engine seized? Something possibly blocking it from turning?

Thank you

Yup. Loki inside. Maybe a ring is stuck. Hopefully it's near bottom dead center so you can see better. I'd also remove recoil and look at the flywheel. As stated earlier maybe something got stuck.

Yep as harley said, you can see exhaust side of piston and intake side of cylinder wall, though youll see whatever it is thats visible wherever the crank stopped.

Ok I removed the muffler. There are vertical marks on the piston. Can't really say if there are "grooves" or not. Also I can't see the rings.

What's the next step?

Can you post a couple pictures of the piston through the exhaust port? Couple different sections of the piston, i.e. bottom and top.

Also pull off the top cover and give us a picture of the cylinder. Would be curious as to what the cooling fins look like.

Back