Help with new 361 please!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont think ive ever used the decomp valve, if you cant start a 60cc saw without it, probably shouldnt be using one! for christs sakes its not a high compression 450cc 4stroke dirtbike with a kickstart

i dont think ive ever used the decomp valve, if you cant start a 60cc saw without it, probably shouldnt be using one! for christs sakes its not a high compression 450cc 4stroke dirtbike with a kickstart

Heh! The hardest 'pull' of all my saws is my Husky 51!. This morning it was about 70 degrees. First pull on that thing I only got about 1/2 the cord out. It loosened up with each pull but even the last one where it fired was still 'stiff' and took more force than the first pull on the 361 without decomp.

Harry K

The MXers have auto decomp!
In general decomps on smaller saws aren't there primarily to ease the pull but instead to protect the light duty recoil setup. One of the trade-offs of a light saw. I worked with an idiot who wouldn't use them and started everything like he was trying to pull it in half. Lost count of the number of trimmer and cut-off saws that he either broke the rope or the whole recoil. Elastostarts would only last about a week with him before he pulled the moulded on piece clean off the rope.

Not one person that I seen brought up the obvious....dump that CRAP out of the gas tank and get some fresh fuel in it. Maybe I missed it...

WHY would you put sea foam, "new engine in a can", "new carb in a can" or whatever witches brew in a gas tank that has premix, stabil and who knows how much water in it?

Dump the tank, clean the plug and it will likely go...

Yup, I've seen too many guys do the whole cold start process all over again when the saw is good and warmed up.

It is a pity that no brand say so in their OMs, at least not the major brands - but I guess they don't want to confuse people with describing more than one method for warm starts, and only posts the one that works even on a slightly cooled-down saw....

Last edited:
Back