Help with saddle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I picked up my new Arbormaster Pro Series Versatile with leg straps on Friday. I put it together yesterday (Saturday) and tried it out today for climbing. It is THE MOST uncomfortable saddle I have ever worn. I know it is some form of adjustment, but I can't figure out what it is. The strap which has the anchors for the climbing line seems to be a low lower on the right side than the left. The left side seems to come out a lot more. I also feel like there is a strap where there should be padding by my inner / back thighs. I push the padding around more but once I put weight on my climbing line that padding gets moved back to where it originally was. I tried loosening and tightening the leg strap on the left and that didn't seem to help much, if at all. So what am I missing here?

Thank you for your help.

P.S. I would like to be able to use this saddle tomorow, so I don't have to put everything back on my old butt strap saddle which feels a lot more comfortable than the new one at this time.

bummer,
did you try it on before you bought it or did you buy it off the website or catalog?????? i'm ordering a saddle tommorrow
and i'd like to know.
thanks bro,
budroe:cool:

Might be the adjustment on one of the leg straps or where it connects to the belt.

I had to work with my Master II a lot before I had it just right for me. Johnny at Sherrill would be able to help you with it.

Budroe, I actually went to the local Vermeer dealer and they had several in stock. I tried on the saddle I have now, only in a smaller size and it was comfortable. However they don't have any trees around there big enough for me to actually put some weight on a line to see how it would feel. I know it's just an adjustment, but I don't know what to adjust as there is a whole mess of straps to tinker with.

Tim, do you mean the little black straps on the back, or the fatter ones that actually go around your legs?

I put a heavy screw eye in the roof so that i could work on my saddle adjustment and other gears. If you cant get the adjustment right, call Johnny at sherrill and ask him. He helped me with my Master II and I had it adjusted in about 3 days and have not had to change it since. The hardest thing for me was finding an adjustment on the legstraps that alowwed me to sit for hours without legs going to sleep. But now it is fine. But my saddle is a little different than yours......

With the floating D strap. try adjusting the two waist sinches evemly. I find that I will tighten my right more then the left and the D's will come out lopsided.

You will have to play with the little elastic starps to get the leg straps to ride where you want them.

I find myself limited in my range of motion with that seat. With the leg straps, you can move more, particularly to the sides. All a matter of taste.

Nickrosis

I talked with Johnny Carter yesterday and he was rather helpful. So we will see what I can do with this saddle. John told me that it takes 3 - 6 months to break these things in and going from old school to new school takes some time.

BTW- I am up at school now and internet access is limited due to my "problem" so I will check in when I can.

Latest posts

Back