Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1savagehunter

1savagehunter

ArboristSite Operative
Ok one of my guy's put bar oil into the gas tank of my climbing saw and suprisingly couldn't make it run:cry::cry::cry:
So I cleaned it out as best as I could and then tried to start it with the correct gas mix. It turned over a couple of times and the stopped. Is there any hope for it ??? will I need a carb kit or ??? . Hope someone else has had the misfortune so hopefully I can find out what to do!!!!

kajudude

kajudude

ArboristSite Lurker
happens sometimes,my guys do the same thing once in a while,best thing to do is if you have poured the oil out of tank rinse tank with raw gas then pour gas out put in fresh mix gas give it a try you might have to change the filter MAYBE,if you dont get any results that way try cleanig carb out with spray b12 cemital just takes alittle time and effort no biggy.

outofmytree

outofmytree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Only time this has ever happened to me I rinsed the tank with the usual fuel, pulled out the spark plug and put in a new one and off she went. Smoky for a few seconds but no big deal. If you are unsure what to do call your Stihl dealer and ask. Unless of course your climbing saw is not a Stihl and in which case you are sure to burn in hell.

Happy Easter :blob2:

Rftreeman

Rftreeman

Addicted to ArboristSite
clean and refill the tank as stated then if it doesn't start pour a small amount of mix gas in the carb and see if it will start, if it does then do that until it runs good again, the carb is most likely filled with the thick oil and can be hard to get it out, you may even have to remove and clean the carb......