Here is something you don't see every day.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Stihl 044 . Gentleman said there was a strange noise coming from the clutch.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ah308/rgerringer/IMG_0946.JPG
IMG_0946.JPG

I wonder when the clutch/drum bearing was greased last?...

The clutch drum bearing was intact oddly enough. And, when the rim sprocket broke or was removed for some reason, either way, somebody had to put the chain back on. And, the chain just sliced the hub in two.
Hard to see how it could have gotten enough power to the chain to use it at all, much less long enough to cut it in two.

The clutch drum bearing was intact oddly enough. And, when the rim sprocket broke or was removed for some reason, either way, somebody had to put the chain back on. And, the chain just sliced the hub in two.
Hard to see how it could have gotten enough power to the chain to use it at all, much less long enough to cut it in two.
Are your customers mostly homeowner types?

Are your customers mostly homeowner types?

Don't know. They don't speak English for the most part. They are construction and landscaping crews with this type saw. Or, tree service. Plenty of homeowners, but they don't have pro saws generally.

But, they will run something until it dies and then some.

I am currently repairing a husky 435 that the spur was cut off the drum.It had been run so long it ate the bearing race and all that was left was about a quarter of the race and 3 needles,home owner.About a month ago I fixed a 372 that the rim was cut in half tree service.I have just fixed another 372 that the same tree service left on the back bumper of a chipper truck and it fell of in front of a school bus.It broke the bar in half so straight it looked like it had been cut into.Along with other destruction but yet it still lives.Best I can tell is that I am surrounded by idiots.

Back