Here we go again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a guy that had an 066 listed in the local paper. I'm going over to look at it soon. He says he bought it new 4 years ago and that it has very little use. He states that it has the one and only original chain and it was only sharpened about 5 times. I know you can't tell much from that but just threw it in as an FYI. It has a 36" Stihl Rollomatic ES and another new/unused chain to go along. He's asking $650OTD.
Should I go snag it ASAP or try to get him down a little, what say you?

Well, I done did it. Sorry all, you know the curiosity can kill the cat. I couldn't wait for any more responses and one was all I needed. I got in my truck and drove less than 9 miles to the house where the guy had the 066 for sale. I took one look and it was over! It looks like new! Started it up after a few pulls from a previously dry tank start and it runs like a top! I was almost tempted to offer $550.00 but the saw is so pristine I actually had a bout with my conscious. So I offered $600.00 and Bam it was over. The round trip took less than an hour and I'm back typing this. I think I did good, anyway I'm happy and I guess that's what counts. The only thing I'm doing to this baby is the addition of a factory dual port muffler cover. I'll see if I can get some pictures so you all can tell I'm not telling a tall one.
Jay

Good thing you grabbed it before ULTRA could get his hands on it.:cheers:

Congrats on da new beast!

JEALOUS MAN!

iyiyiyi!

THIEF!

No no, I apologise, just jealousy again. *sigh*

You must run that puppy and report back, there is not enough, joy/happy/nya-nya-nya (I am sure there is a foreign term for this, maybe a chinese character or ancient cave painting). And..........................
......pics, yes they would be nice, you can't really brag without them!

:chainsaw: go cut wood! :chainsaw:

:chainsaw: cut some more!~ :chainsaw:

:cheers: (and one for the bed)

:)

I'm sittin' here snickering an' laughing away at a small thought, it was that I've seen 'Just had a kid!' announcements get less attention than some of the 'Got a new saw!' ones...........dunno......darned funny in my mind :D

:cheers: :cheers: To da new baby!!!!!!!!

:)

BB5777...Sounds like you did good. Good luck with the saw and thanks for letting the rest of us know that there are still bargains out there.

Surely it was a good deal, and then some......... (no envy smilies here....):blob2: :blob2:

Good thing you grabbed it before ULTRA could get his hands on it.:cheers:

Very true, looks like he want all the 066/660s out there...........:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

That bar looks like it has been used more than a few times, if it is a German made one.........

I agree with you and it was. He took that bar off another saw. He had a like new 28" bar on the 066 because he didn't like the length of the 36" bar. That's OK by me since I have a new 28" and didn't have a 36". I could have swapped bars for the pictures but I wanted to give you all an honest evaluation of the purchase. I pulled the muffler and the P&C don't look like they were even run.

Latest posts

Back