Here we go again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BIGBORE577

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
I just got off the phone with a guy that had an 066 listed in the local paper. I'm going over to look at it soon. He says he bought it new 4 years ago and that it has very little use. He states that it has the one and only original chain and it was only sharpened about 5 times. I know you can't tell much from that but just threw it in as an FYI. It has a 36" Stihl Rollomatic ES and another new/unused chain to go along. He's asking $650OTD.
Should I go snag it ASAP or try to get him down a little, what say you?

BIGBORE577

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well, I done did it. Sorry all, you know the curiosity can kill the cat. I couldn't wait for any more responses and one was all I needed. I got in my truck and drove less than 9 miles to the house where the guy had the 066 for sale. I took one look and it was over! It looks like new! Started it up after a few pulls from a previously dry tank start and it runs like a top! I was almost tempted to offer $550.00 but the saw is so pristine I actually had a bout with my conscious. So I offered $600.00 and Bam it was over. The round trip took less than an hour and I'm back typing this. I think I did good, anyway I'm happy and I guess that's what counts. The only thing I'm doing to this baby is the addition of a factory dual port muffler cover. I'll see if I can get some pictures so you all can tell I'm not telling a tall one.
Jay

Sprig

Sprig

Addicted to ArboristSite
Congrats on da new beast!

JEALOUS MAN!

iyiyiyi!

THIEF!

No no, I apologise, just jealousy again. *sigh*

You must run that puppy and report back, there is not enough, joy/happy/nya-nya-nya (I am sure there is a foreign term for this, maybe a chinese character or ancient cave painting). And..........................
......pics, yes they would be nice, you can't really brag without them!

:chainsaw: go cut wood! :chainsaw:

:chainsaw: cut some more!~ :chainsaw:

:cheers: (and one for the bed)

:)

Sprig

Sprig

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm sittin' here snickering an' laughing away at a small thought, it was that I've seen 'Just had a kid!' announcements get less attention than some of the 'Got a new saw!' ones...........dunno......darned funny in my mind :D

:cheers: :cheers: To da new baby!!!!!!!!

:)

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
BB5777...Sounds like you did good. Good luck with the saw and thanks for letting the rest of us know that there are still bargains out there.

Surely it was a good deal, and then some......... (no envy smilies here....):blob2: :blob2:

Good thing you grabbed it before ULTRA could get his hands on it.:cheers:

Very true, looks like he want all the 066/660s out there...........:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

BIGBORE577

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
That bar looks like it has been used more than a few times, if it is a German made one.........

I agree with you and it was. He took that bar off another saw. He had a like new 28" bar on the 066 because he didn't like the length of the 36" bar. That's OK by me since I have a new 28" and didn't have a 36". I could have swapped bars for the pictures but I wanted to give you all an honest evaluation of the purchase. I pulled the muffler and the P&C don't look like they were even run.

Latest posts