Here's one you don't see everyday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one of the nicer scores I've seen lately. I'd love to find one of those, too.

You'll know if you have the 357 Magnum gears :D. You can watch the chain and you have to be a stumplifter on the spikes to open the governor.

How bout you bring it to the one im hosting!!! April 28th.. I would really like that!!

The way this spring is April 28th is too valuable of a day for chainsaws. I do not want to even speculate what I might be doing that day.

Bill

Thanks for nice comments guys.
I actually got it from a fellow member here.
Once i saw the pic's i knew i had to have it.
It's great addition to my collection. Once i
get a little more time and some other projects
cleaned up i will try to get it up and running.

Lee

Wait... I thought the "GS" indicated a Fairbanks-Morse starter? I have a 770GS with the F-M but no stick shift. My 770D has the Homelite starter (and, of course, NO ASHTRAY).

Thinking aloud: somebody needs to do a repro run of those damned ashtrays. I'd buy a stack of 'em.

Wow that thing is cool. Always impressed by your ever-growing collection.

Wow that thing is cool. Always impressed by your ever-growing collection.

Thanks TK,
I have sold a few over the past few months,
But saws still seem to roll in. I sold some to
make room but then that "i have to have it saw"
Comes my way so i buy it. So i'm back to
square one with now room.

Lee

That's an impressively clean example of that saw...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I've looked through my archives and at a couple of other locations and I have not seen one with the full wrap handle bar. I was wondering if you know if that is one of the differences of the two different models(besides the gear ratio)? Or do you think it is an option that you are just lucky enough to have come up with?

Brian

That's an impressively clean example of that saw...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I've looked through my archives and at a couple of other locations and I have not seen one with the full wrap handle bar. I was wondering if you know if that is one of the differences of the two different models(besides the gear ratio)? Or do you think it is an option that you are just lucky enough to have come up with?

Brian

Spec sheet I posted on page 2 shows both options, full or half.

All my shifters had full wrap.

gearshifters001.jpg

gearshifters002.jpg

Latest posts

Back