Hey bama.. working the wood pile in shorts and no shirt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtu160

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey bama thought I add to working the wood pile story. I just cut and split my last 2 cords today. I was wearing shorts and no shirt, 64 for a high today. Going back down to 34 Tue and bitter cold. 24 next week, just glad I got everything cut and split and covered. I really lucked out getting a couple of nice 50+ out days. I was so far behind getting the splitter rebuilt. I think I am as sick as you cause I get up at 6am to go running in this weather. Good luck out there in MN.:popcorn:

Hey bama thought I add to working the wood pile story. I just cut and split my last 2 cords today. I was wearing shorts and no shirt, 64 for a high today. Going back down to 34 Tue and bitter cold. 24 next week, just glad I got everything cut and split and covered. I really lucked out getting a couple of nice 50+ out days. I was so far behind getting the splitter rebuilt. I think I am as sick as you cause I get up at 6am to go running in this weather. Good luck out there in MN.:popcorn:

Reminds me of living in the Black Hills(Hot Springs, SD). We had 70 degrees at least once a month. Nothing wrong with cutting early as long as there is light. However, 24 degrees is not what I define as "bitter". Supposed to go below -30 tonight. Still get a 12 hour burn on the Itasca wood furnace. I just replaced the door gasket. That thing must have really leaked!

-30 is just crazy, is it really cold or really matter after a point. I don't know how people live out there, but I gusse it's like Vegas when it's 115 in July. The funny thing is my 24 or your -30 were still staying warm with wood and 12 hours is really good out there.

Latest posts

Back