Hey Guys I Got You Some Pics!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a problem...

Be good to see a few more shots of the job over all, sounds like you're doin well for the wooly-ness of it...

That log looked real fine in the heart wood, any idea where its headed, what its use will be?

Them ears were sweet, nearly took pics of some big ol ears on this camphour job am doin at the moment, tricky, hilly, bendy, windy, limb encroaching, twisted, tall darlins they are!:censored:

im not doing the skidding on this job-got a skidder man for that, but i'm doing all the cutting. i got the phone all last night and im gonna be bouncing to another job for a week or so, but i might still work on this one during the weekends or something. as for the destination of that one log-it s a blocking log, no grade, 16' and it will be cut into 12"xwide cants, and turned into mine mats(cants and bolted together with a thickness of 12") and bolt as many as it takes to be 5' wide, they very in lenghts from 14'-40' different lengths have different size requirements, some go to 8"xwide, other 10", some 12". and they are used to put under the "feet" of huge walking cranes so the feet don't sink in the mud...ill try to get a pic of some of the mats some time

im guessing that there is prolly around 50-75000bft left on the job, but not sure because it is spread out over roughly 1000 acres of ground. the job im moving to this morning is 32 acres with around 200,000 bft on some nice steep azz hills

Last edited:
cool pics man, thanks for sharing

i'd love to get in on a job like that, hell just bucking would be fine for me

good luck on the next one

nice

Very nice pics Silogger! Good job also on getting that puppy down and skidded! Keep the pics comming! I enjoy them! It's nice to see how other people are doing it on other jobs! :chainsawguy: :biggrinbounce2: ;) :D :laugh::rockn:

ill definitely get some pics of the new job that i moved to today, alot of good timber, grade&veneer white and red oaks...cutting along a nice bluff, good scenery....prolly gonna be cutting along a cliff face tom...should make for some neat pics..have a good 'un

Nice job!
Good pics too.

That tree was definately reason enough to go to a 36" bar!

Ed

here are a few more pics from the same job as the earlier pics, btw that one 16 ft log had 1200 bft in it
calebsworkpics001.jpg

calebsworkpics002.jpg

calebsworkpics003.jpg

Back