hey look its that guy pullin with the van again...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I guess you don't have many hills on your way home with the wood - or maybe this would happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_Xygo2054Q

I have an S10 that I have probably hauled too much weight behind, but it is a stick shift and I have never been overloaded to the point that it has been a strain - just a little slow up the hills. Emergency stops would be long and I recently got a smaller/lighter trailer and that should help considerably.

It is all about planning your trip; if you have seasoned wood you're hauling, you can carry a little more. If you're hauling green wood, then you need to be a little more sensible about how much you try to haul.

Good tires on both vehicles, good suspension and very good breaks all a must. Make sure you're not trying to get to 60MPH in 3.5 seconds when hauling big loads (this goes for any vehicle hauling trailers).

Also, if you're going down the highway you need to be very aware that you may be slowing down traffic and being inconsiderate, if so find non highway routes.

Tes

Last edited:
Back