Hey RBTREE - What are you doing up there?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I think that was the 24-70 f/2.8L.

You're quicker than me...I'd "shot" a bunch before you arrived...and failed to notice the "no card" alert. Maybe if the lens cap hadda been on........:bowdown: :biggrinbounce2:

Nice shots.

BTW, you can configure you Canon to not shoot without a card in it.:D

cool...there a slew of features on the 1D Mark11, sometimes it hard to remember ones that I've used....

Would you like some cherry? fresh cut, 2-4 foot long, up to 20 inch wide, near the UDistrict? a bit of minor decay at the butt...some spalting...

RB, how'd that hunk of wood get stuck in there before you even started cutting?
Also, why'd you remove that tree?

I think all of this was from a recent storm up there.

Last edited:

The block is the remnant of the 140 foot hemlock that came down in the storm and got lodged between the two fir trunks. Check the pic in post #30 and you can RB climbing out on the Hemlock.

Why take it out? Bifurcated firs/hemlocks like these pretty much always split eventually... and in this case either trunk could have hit a house.

Mike, you musta flunked reading/photo comprehension:ices_rofl: :buttkick: :D

Dang it, Seahawks just lost in OT to da bears...

[[/CODE]QUOTE=SWAMPY036;569184]Great pics are those spikes klin with alum. pads. I have been looking into getting the pads for mine. Anything longer than an hour and they seem to start slipping around and become painfull. Skiing wish we had snow let alone powder. Treamblant and Killington are running bare bones and not worth the drive. Looks like some snow next week for New York. Hope you find some more time for the Mt.[/QUOTE]

Those are Buckinghams....I like my Kleins maybe a little better...

Whistler/Blackcomb have had record snow for this far into the season. And, in Wa., we are close to the 98-99 blockbuster year's pace...though that year,it really took off along about now. (Mt Baker had a world record 1240 inches fall, and about 300 of that in one month, either Jan or Feb.....

From TG in Ruby Bowl at Blackcomb:

308105931_500cd05866_o.jpg

[[/CODE]QUOTE=SWAMPY036;569184]Great pics are those spikes klin with alum. pads. I have been looking into getting the pads for mine. Anything longer than an hour and they seem to start slipping around and become painfull. Skiing wish we had snow let alone powder. Treamblant and Killington are running bare bones and not worth the drive. Looks like some snow next week for New York. Hope you find some more time for the Mt.

Those are Buckinghams....I like my Kleins maybe a little better...

Whistler/Blackcomb have had record snow for this far into the season. And, in Wa., we are close to the 98-99 blockbuster year's pace...though that year,it really took off along about now. (Mt Baker had a world record 1240 inches fall, and about 300 of that in one month, either Jan or Feb.....

From TG in Ruby Bowl at Blackcomb:

308105931_500cd05866_o.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Man that is sick I have never skied out west I guess I know where my pennies are going next year. :cheers:

Great pictures Lakeside and Roger.
Speaking of cameras, my D70 and D70S bit the dust thru extreme abuse, like one falling out a two story building, the 105 mm lens survived, but then got gobbled up my a huge wave (salt water) on the D70S body. Should I buy the D80 or give up and buy the disposable ones?
John

I'd buy a D200... My D70 is on the way out also, but... the "buss error" seems to have gone away today, so it can hang in for a while, maybe.

D80 is O.K. if you need disposable cameras:) It's actually a realy nice camera, but every time I see one there is a D200 lurking in the background.

The Nikon S10 looks like a nice "pocket camera"... Might have to get one of those also.

WOW! Thats an awesome job! Great pics!
There ain't no way I could do that. I'll stick to my nice 4' x 8' platform on the telehandler.

Ed

Not on topic for this thread, but you chainsaw nerds might like this video from a year ago. It was the last cut on a failed cedar that hit nt one but two houses. We had a comealong to tension the log behind my cut and an overhead line set off to the side to guide the cut section that was resting on the house away as it fell. I'm tied in to an anchor on the roof peak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M5H8yz0kYA

Back