Hey Zogger!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Reaction score
This pic's for you buddy. I was cleaning up a couple elm branches today that fell in the yard. Might as well get some firewood out of em, even if it's only a stove full or two.

20140406_132229.jpg

After the winter we just had, it's damn tempting to drive on any bare ground that's visible. I still can barely walk in the woods without most times sinking over my knees in snow.

hahahah, man, lookit all them giant logs in that buggy left to cut up!

Ha, last few mornings I have been burning five gallon buckets of spitter turds and bark pieces. The ten minute warmup for the day fire.

Guess I need to get crackin and cut up some honest big fat stuff and post some pics...been lazy...err, busy, that's the ticket, busy! I have actually been mowing almost every day lately. That and toolin around in my finally road worthy project truck, burning up some years old diesel mixed with fresh.

;)

Under a flood watch right now, came in from trying to build a dam at the bottom edge of the garden so all my nice dirt doesn't wash out. Already have broccoli crowns coming out. Small ones but I see 'em. It was just starting to dry out nice, too....

I have been burning my splitter uglies too. I had 2 1/2 barrels full. Now I am down to almost 1 1/2. With this little cool spell we are having in Texas I may be able to empty the barrels. Mostly morning burning but I have a fire going this evening. Sure is nice.

I think I would go kick my neighbors butt if he did that to my yard like your neighbor did to yours!:rolleyes:

Ted

That "neighbor" lives close...REAL close!

Why did you drive over your septic leach fields?

Nope, those are on the back side of the house. Even I - I mean my "neighbor"! ain't that dumb.

I just hope you put gas back in your wife's saw when you were done using it.

Easy there hoss! That's my 420. It earns it's keep and then some. Ain't a thing un manly about it. The girlfriend is welcome to use it whenever she decides running a saw would be fun. I am not holding my breath on that one, though. I did get my buddy's wife to buy herself one of em - he got a 5105.

Hope saw troll doesn't see that 420 pic. No way it could be used for cutting wood, I mean jeeze with that extra weight and bad sideways balance how could anyone manage one without being totally exhausted.

gg

Hope saw troll doesn't see that 420 pic. No way it could be used for cutting wood, I mean jeeze with that extra weight and bad sideways balance how could anyone manage one without being totally exhausted.

gg

Yup, it's a fat, overweight, underpowered, unbalanced POS. Anyone wants to unload theirs, there's a place on my shelf for another one. :chainsaw:

I actually might sell my 5100 - I go straight from the 420 to the 7300 usually.

Yup, it's a fat, overweight, underpowered, unbalanced POS. Anyone wants to unload theirs, there's a place on my shelf for another one. :chainsaw:

Well that 7300 is part of your problem, why oh why would you use that thing its way overweight for its power to weight ratio....don't tell my 6400 that though;)

gg

I sold my Makita 5001=Dolmar 5000 because the 420 was doing ~80% of the work in that power range. The rest is being done by my Oleo Mac 962(60cc).

7 - I like your taste. I grew up on Olympiks. Still have a few 200 series here, but they're not work saws anymore, just toys and a reminder of the days spent cutting with my Dad growing up.

Wonder if Zogger's location might change from North Ga. to someswhere in South Carolina after this evening. Seen on the weather channel, much of Ga is under Tornado warnings. Tis the season I reckon.

Wonder if Zogger's location might change from North Ga. to someswhere in South Carolina after this evening. Seen on the weather channel, much of Ga is under Tornado warnings. Tis the season I reckon.

We got three inches last night. And right in the middle of it, the local deppities came over to tell me I had a cow out, but they had scared it back through the hole in the fence. I went out in the slop and repaired it.

Tornadoes I am not digging at all.

Got several saws sitting with fuel and oil in them and decent chain, tractor is tanked up and chains and straps in the tote box, about all I can do.

After the winter we just had, it's damn tempting to drive on any bare ground that's visible. I still can barely walk in the woods without most times sinking over my knees in snow.

Started planting the cold hardy stuff in the garden Sunday (4/6)...this was the first weekend the ground could be worked here.

Looked up in my notes, and 4/2 was the earliest I've ever planted, but with a note "could've started two weeks ago if I had my act together."

Was a top 10, top 3 coldest March on record in most of Southern New England.

Latest posts

Back