Hi Guys!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiroukhen

Reaction score
If i buy a harness whats the best brand of harness or best harness you preffer??

I know that the petzl equipments are good but someone told me that petzl harnesses are not that good so i preffer to ask a real proffesional like you guys...

I work on Treetop Adventure Park in Thailand and i use NAVAHO BOD FAST Harness and its not that comfortable when you move side ways, sometimes my harness are turning...

Thats why i ask the proffesionals so you can give me idea of whats the best harness i can use...

Thanks...

I love thai food

Thailand!, no kidding!, got pics of what your climbing. You will have many opinions on what is the best saddle, need to know how you would use it and what for

If at all possible try to check a few out in person, don't know if there's many or any places there to do so? I have no clue but ordering one off the internet is rolling the dice at best. FWIW I ordered a petzl sequoia and I hate it. I would have never bought it if I was able to hang in it first. Every climber has their own preference and climbing style so take what you get off the net with a grain of salt. Your best bet is to try em out in person if that's an option

I agree. Different body shapes, different climbing styles is why we all climb in different saddles. If at all possible, try to hang in one before buying. Are there climbers in the area that may let you try their saddles to compare ?
Rick

I use an older Petzl and it is very comfortable. It has a lot of padding, a high back and a baton seat.

If you are looking for comfort you are going to want a harness with a lot of padding and a baton or saddle type seat. They are most comfortable when spending lots of hang time suspended or being hoisted by a crane. The lighter, leg loop saddles are built with agility in mind instead of comfort. Most guys who do a lot of fine pruning prefer the lighter leg loop saddles and most guys who do heavy removals or a lot of crane work prefer heavier padded, seat style harnesses.

Petzl makes some heavier padded comfortable saddles as does Buckingham. There may be more comfortable ones out there but those are the harnesses I am familiar with.

Welcome to arboristsite.

I work on Treetop Adventure Park in Thailand

I am pretty sure he is a guide on Canopy/Zip line Tours.

What harness would sorta depend on what style Zip line the company is using. Most that I know of anyways that allow to go upside down use full body harnesses. If going upside down isn't allowed then any good comfortable climbing seat harness will work fine. Like the others stated its what fits your body shape. Petzl's climbing harnesses tend to run small, I have never used any of their arborist models so can't speak of the sizing for those.

I am pretty sure he is a guide on Canopy/Zip line Tours.

What harness would sorta depend on what style Zip line the company is using. Most that I know of anyways that allow to go upside down use full body harnesses. If going upside down isn't allowed then any good comfortable climbing seat harness will work fine. Like the others stated its what fits your body shape. Petzl's climbing harnesses tend to run small, I have never used any of their arborist models so can't speak of the sizing for those.

I got a dollar says he is doing maintenance work on the zip lines and prolly includes some tree work... just a hunch based on the fact that he came in here and not some fruity tree hugger zip line forum.

Back