HiPA chain review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have purchased a few items from these folks over the years. They used to only sell on Amazon but they are starting their own website.
https://www.hipastore.com/I decided to try some of their chain. Shipping was fast and packaged very well. The chain was in a sealed plastic bag with plenty of oil, bag was inside of a sturdy reusable box, then wrapped in bubble wrap and in a shipping envelope.
The chain looks pretty good and was pretty sharp, not razor sharp.
I put it on my Husqvarna 55 and cut down a 10" yellow pine. It cut pretty well. After cutting all the limbs the chain had stretched a bit, a quarter turn of the adjuster took out the slack. I bucked up the tree in short pieces and it cut pretty well but was a little grabby at times. Made pretty good chips. The chain stretched a little more but only took about an eighth of a turn to tighten it up. Couldn't tell that it had dulled any. So far I would say it's worth the price. I will sharpen it before I use it again just to see how it does and report back.
You can get it here.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=chain&me...OG1LQG23&sprefix=chain,aps,964&ref=nb_sb_noss
96c41a3a63ee4b0f0cdebeda7e658bc4.jpg
176d097036eb9560af70a6c2bb92f8a7.jpg
09487c4fcb3dfa6298dc5e438fe4303d.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

UPDATE on this chain:
I sharpened this chain with a new Pferd 3/16" classic file in a Oregon file guide. It sharpened up well. I cut up a blown down 10-12" pine. Made about 50 cuts. Chain was sharper, smoother and less grabby than the factory grind. It didn't stretch any this time and was just as sharp when I finished as it was when I started. For $23.99 for 2 chains, I think it's a good value. I'm glad I decided to try it.

@ammoaddict Any further reviews to share? What is the Country of Origin?
Thanks!
I haven't had a chance to use it anymore yet. I'm sure it's made in China although I don't remember if it said on the box or not. It's similar to Archer chain except Archer is razor sharp out of the box and this wasn't but it did sharpen up well.

@ammoaddict Any further reviews to share? What is the Country of Origin?
Thanks!
I haven't had a chance to use it anymore yet. I'm sure it's made in China although I don't remember if it said on the box or not. It's similar to Archer chain except Archer is razor sharp out of the box and this wasn't but it did sharpen up well

I have purchased a few items from these folks over the years. They used to only sell on Amazon but they are starting their own website.

Good to know, I've got some fuel line and carb kits from them in the past (via amazon) and it's all seemed to be decent quality. Will check it out next time I'm looking for chain.
Thanks for the heads up!

Yes , made in China. Supposedly from German steel. They're having a big sale right now. I've bought several chains from them for $5.98 each, free shipping no tax. Even a 115 dl chain for 36" bar. That's crazy cheap and it's pretty darn good chain.
pfffffffffff, for that price, i would try them!

I know I have more chains than I will ever use but it's so hard to quit buying them while they are this cheap. They are already sold out of some sizes.
Where is a good place to find these chains ammoaddict. I`m not finding them to easily. Like you, i have quite a few chains, but its always nice to have a few extra on tap, even if they are cheapy back-up chains.

Thanks buddie...... i went to the site, I was hoping they had the 28 inch 93DL in .050 gauge, but all they had was full skip, and ripper chains. .058 & .063 gauges.

I`m kind of bummed that they dont have the size i need. But its all good, i`m just happy that there are people in here like you that are willing to help an old guy out. That, is much appreciated, sir.

https://www.hipastore.com/collectio...mFOLdIJcY2OGQGQ7790nhv0fw8DPl3gBoC1HcQAvD_BwE

They’re about sold out. I had a bunch in my cart but waited too long to pull the trigger. I was afraid too good to be true.

Thanks buddie...... i went to the site, I was hoping they had the 28 inch 93DL in .050 gauge, but all they had was full skip, and ripper chains. .058 & .063 gauges.

I`m kind of bummed that they dont have the size i need. But its all good, i`m just happy that there are people in here like you that are willing to help an old guy out. That, is much appreciated, sir.

https://www.hipastore.com/collectio...mFOLdIJcY2OGQGQ7790nhv0fw8DPl3gBoC1HcQAvD_BwE
A guy on another forum says oregon presets fit this chain perfectly. He buys longer loops and cuts them down to the size he needs and puts the leftover sections together to make another loop.

A guy on another forum says oregon presets fit this chain perfectly. He buys longer loops and cuts them down to the size he needs and puts the leftover sections together to make another loop.
WOW, thank you!
I wondered about that, if i could just buy some other chains from them and connect them! That is AWESOME!!! Thank you AGAIN AA!

Back