Hipa chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only way to know would be to try some (see Post #6 for a possible discount?). I would volunteer, but I am not doing a lot of cutting right now, and have a number of loops already.

If somebody tries these, please post your feedback here?

Thanks!

Philbert
I posted a review on here sometime last year called Hipa chain review.

Keep in mind, too, there is a big difference between pro grade and homeowner acceptable. When I was contract climbing I was a total equipment snob, because time was money... he'll, there was only one brand of shoelaces I would buy, lol. My standards have relaxed now that time is a little more available than money...

My folks fall into that category. They insist on buying Ford or GM products that were built in Mexico, and refuse to buy a Honda or Toyota even though those vehicles are built and produced right here in their own state. The funny thing is that neither of them has anything good to say about unions either. LOL
Keep in mind that the profits those car companies make don't stay here. Far as unions go, they have far outlived their useful lives. When a union starts to run a company (YRC) comes to mind and the company starts loosing money, they fold and then all those union members loose everything. In YRC's case, about 20,000 employees that are no longer employed.

I'm an ex Teamster myself and I'm dam glad I got out from under the teamsters. Went to work for a non union company and did quite well actually and paid no union dues either.

Have a good friend that stuck it out with Roadway until they merged with Yellow and his teamsters pension drops every year because the teamsters pizzed away the money. Mine has never dropped.

Keep in mind that the profits those car companies make don't stay here. Far as unions go, they have far outlived their useful lives. When a union starts to run a company (YRC) comes to mind and the company starts loosing money, they fold and then all those union members loose everything. In YRC's case, about 20,000 employees that are no longer employed.

I'm an ex Teamster myself and I'm dam glad I got out from under the teamsters. Went to work for a non union company and did quite well actually and paid no union dues either.

Have a good friend that stuck it out with Roadway until they merged with Yellow and his teamsters pension drops every year because the teamsters pizzed away the money. Mine has never dropped.
Neither do the profits from GM, Ford, or Chrysler. Profits go to the share holders regardless of what country the shareholders live in. The most "unamerican" thing a person can do is purchase a vehicle made by the big 3. It's the equivalent of a small business owner voting for a democratic candidate for Congress or President. You're literally throwing your support in for the people who care the least about what's best for you and your family.

I spent 17 years working in various Tier 1 automotive plants. I've dealt directly with Ford, Chrysler, GM, and Toyota. The only one I haven't dealt with is Honda. The big 3 does business based primarily on cost. Who ever can supply the parts the cheapest gets the contract, quality be damned. If you can't manage to meet your quality requirements, you get to pay a 3rd party to sort your parts before they go into the assembly plant. It's not uncommon for that to cost north of $20K per month per product that they are certifying for you. When 9/11 happened and oil prices went through the roof, guess who didn't pay any increase in material prices for all of their molded components? That answer would be Ford, GM, and Chrysler.

Toyota, on the other hand, wants their suppliers to remain in business. They want to develop a relationship with good suppliers so they can ensure they are getting quality parts. Toyota realizes that you can't consistently get top quality parts when you're buying the cheapest stuff on the market. They expect to pay a fair price that allows their suppliers to continue to make a profit. I've not dealt directly with Honda, but I've had several co-workers who have and they have a similar business philosophy. So the choices are purchase a vehicle that was made here in the US by a "foreign" owned company that pours millions of dollars into the US economy every year, or purchase a vehicle from a company that outsources as much of its production as it possibly can and has no issues exploiting the blue collar worker if it will save them a buck.

I’ve wondered the same thing. They been around a few years, but it’s almost like they are doing a chew and screw. I have a couple skip chains I’m waiting for on Amazon. When I ordered, the delivery was end of September. Now, Amazon lists as unavailable.

It makes you think they are going out of business and selling off remaining inventory. But why do they make posts wanting people to try their chains and leave reviews about them. It doesn't make any sense to me. Either way, I have all the chains I should ever need.

It makes you think they are going out of business and selling off remaining inventory. But why do they make posts wanting people to try their chains and leave reviews about them. It doesn't make any sense to me. Either way, I have all the chains I should ever need.
There’s another Brandon shill company selling cheap chains on Amazon. Kakei the name. Didn’t see if they in Delaware too.

The only way to know would be to try some (see Post #6 for a possible discount?). I would volunteer, but I am not doing a lot of cutting right now, and have a number of loops already.

If somebody tries these, please post your feedback here?

Thanks!

Philbert
Why not shoot an email to me and maybe we still hold the chains fit on your saw. If it is it's not a problem to send you one to try. They are stored in the states so it will be a very fast shipping. My email address is [email protected].

Why not shoot an email to me and maybe we still hold the chains fit on your saw. If it is it's not a problem to send you one to try. They are stored in the states so it will be a very fast shipping. My email address is [email protected].
Thank you for your offer.

Normally, I would be interested, but, as noted, I am not doing enough cutting right now to be able to fairly evaluate your chains.

Maybe, consider one of the other participants in this thread?

Philbert

some of the chains are sold out on our website hipastore.com but some of them are still available on amazon or ebay such as the 20in,28in,32in ones.
All i see is 16 inch and under on their site, none will fit anything i have

Latest posts

Back