Hipa chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve wondered the same thing. They been around a few years, but it’s almost like they are doing a chew and screw. I have a couple skip chains I’m waiting for on Amazon. When I ordered, the delivery was end of September. Now, Amazon lists as unavailable.
I just got my 24” skip chains a month early from Amazon. Perhaps Hipa got more in. Look decent, I’m happy.

I just got my 24” skip chains a month early from Amazon. Perhaps Hipa got more in. Look decent, I’m happy.

They are pretty good chains. They stretch a lot the first time but after that they are good to go. As long as they keep the price low, you can't beat them really.

They are pretty good chains. They stretch a lot the first time but after that they are good to go. As long as they keep the price low, you can't beat them really.
These chains and the 8-ten brand are the china’s I have. Both are rigid and are lacking in a “deburr or edge break” in manufacturing. I pulled an old Carlton out of the box and it feels and looks like more time was put into it. However, that chain probably cost 20$ way back in the day, and these are 5.98$ now.

Back