HitchClimber with sling leader (3 pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first thing I tried was to simply drop the top 'biner down to the middle hole. I did not find it satisfactory...not to my personal liking. 'Cause see if I DID, I would have not done what you see in those there pics above now would I? Yep, life is really THAT simple!

Yeah you guys ( OD, Bermster) , its in the picture, use yor good eye. Now I went down there to see this " Rube G" set up Plas has... didn't look so bad to me. Everything looked solid and he was just moving things around on the set up seeing what fit and what did what.
As far as just how complicated each specific system gets its no wonder he wouldn't want to regurgitate a few things about it. Other than that I have a tree or two for The Mayor to do so watch out for later.:greenchainsaw:

And so, the pics are, where?

In ma haid!!!

No pics, sorry, it was way fun though, spikes into everything, swinging around, cut, crash...dropped the stumps today, bigger across than my 20" 361...and someone else gets to clean up the mess, which is good because half the branches were resting up in the tops of the bushes that were underneath! (scrub land) Doesn't get much better than that, I'm done ta ta now...:chainsaw:

oops just saw the above post...I musta had wood chips in my good eye, sorry...and I suppose I shouldn't dis anyone wanting to try something new...I did give him props for that earlier!

In ma haid!!!

No pics, sorry, it was way fun though, spikes into everything, swinging around, cut, crash...dropped the stumps today, bigger across than my 20" 361...and someone else gets to clean up the mess, which is good because half the branches were resting up in the tops of the bushes that were underneath! (scrub land) Doesn't get much better than that, I'm done ta ta now...:chainsaw:

oops just saw the above post...I musta had wood chips in my good eye, sorry...and I suppose I shouldn't dis anyone wanting to try something new...I did give him props for that earlier!

Get yourself a Husky 576 XP :chainsawguy:

Seriously, it's really easy to handle even for a pansy like me. The anti-vibe is sick on that saw. Then you can run up to a 28" bar. Stratocharged too.

I was playing around in the basement with my HitchClimber with VT setup. The first picture below shows what I guess is a "standard" configuration. Climb line terminated with a DFL and 'binered to the top HitchClimber hole.

I did not like this setup one bit because the termination knot and its 'biner interfere with the VT, so much so that I seriously question the safety of such a setup.

The second picture below shows a 1" nylon sling used as a leader on the climb line connected to the HitchClimber's middle hole. FYI the 'biner is a Mighty Mouse, chosen because of its low height. This is a much nicer setup IMO in that there is a greatly reduced amount of interference. Feels much nicer in the hand and operated better as well.

The third picture is the same as the second except I went even more low profile by replacing the Mighty Mouse with a 3/8" delta link. Obviously if you're going to go this route, you'll have to consider the safety issues surrounding anything that's a screw-link.

The VT is made from Tecnora. I like this particular Prusik cord because it is high temp rated yet has no whipping on the ends (like bee line) to interfere with the HitchClimber.

4258612770_0c1fee5fda_b.jpg

4257854539_f531afda64_b.jpg

4257854617_61793f16ee_b.jpg

Is this another new device? It looks like the chain saw bar will be right there near the family jewels, not good. Am I looking at this wrong? I hope!

Latest posts

Back