HitchClimber with sling leader (3 pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Plas you idea isn't so far fetched. I've been using one of these for years when instilling a figure 8 for long decents while rec climbing. It works well to keep the hitch climber setup away from the figure 8. The longest one is about 9", and has a rubber stopper at the end to keep it tight to the biner.

c40_0_0.jpg

Get a rope with a spliced eye in the end, or move the termination of your standing rope end down with the biner that holds the HC pulley. Done deal!

I dunno if I'll ever get one of those there thingers. Looks too cluttered to me, and seems to add a fair bit of length to the whole system. Instead of two biners on a rope bridge beside eachother, they're stacked on top... And huddled together real tight. I like the ol' micropulley below my VT, works like a dream for me... *shrugs* hafta try it first I guess.

Actually Plas you idea isn't so far fetched. I've been using one of these for years when instilling a figure 8 for long decents while rec climbing. It works well to keep the hitch climber setup away from the figure 8. The longest one is about 9", and has a rubber stopper at the end to keep it tight to the biner.

c40_0_0.jpg

Cool beans man. Hey thanks for the mature, constructive reply. Rep coming your way, if I have any to give.

edit: Hey, what is that Petzl product called exactly?

Last edited:
Get a rope with a spliced eye in the end, or move the termination of your standing rope end down with the biner that holds the HC pulley. Done deal!

Ditto, whether you use the top and middle hole, or middle and bottom hole, that is usually sufficient to minimize interference...I use middle and bottom.

TRY IT!

The only time I use a strop is to move the whole setup away from my bridge when making a longer ascent so I can pull from underneath...once at the TIP, ditch the strop.

Points for thinking laterally though:):cheers:

Thanks, tropical tree chic ;)

Ditto, whether you use the top and middle hole, or middle and bottom hole, that is usually sufficient to minimize interference...I use middle and bottom.

TRY IT!

The only time I use a strop is to move the whole setup away from my bridge when making a longer ascent so I can pull from underneath...once at the TIP, ditch the strop.

Points for thinking laterally though:):cheers:

Thanks, tropical tree chic ;)

The mayor elect should not be using such politically incorrect language.:taped:

She's a better climber than you, and deserves better.:D

Oh boys....!:):)
Thanks for the compliments, however undeserved, and the defence of my...what...chickism???
Have some:cheers::cheers: both of you

Just ragging on mayor Plas, he can take it. :)

I do like the guy, and want to work him when I get to philly later this month.

And I'm mad at you, bermie, its below zero here, and you're wearing shorts and flip flops, drinking pina coladas and I am SO jealous.

:cheers:

Thanks for the compliments, however undeserved, and the defence of my...what...chickism???

He said "chic" not "chick".

Per the dictionary, chic when used as a noun means, "style and elegance, esp. in dress" or "stylishness; modishness".

So in a way Plas was just referring to you as the epitome of tropical style. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing to defend.

That Plas, he's obviously one hell of a guy, always trying to brighten a person's day.

:wave:

Eh "chic" was intended as a compliment. I mean really it would be the equivalent of you calling me "dude", "bro", or "homes".

I know, I know...just pulling your legs:):)

BTW we are shivering in 58*...so its fleecies and long pants, and... 'gasp'... SOCKS! The flip flops are in storage at the mo', and pina colada has been switched for rum and ginger:cheers:

I know, I know...just pulling your legs:):)

BTW we are shivering in 58*...so its fleecies and long pants, and... 'gasp'... SOCKS! The flip flops are in storage at the mo', and pina colada has been switched for rum and ginger:cheers:

Man you suck! I was outside for 6 hours today running the log-splitter. My hands got so cold that even after I thawed them out, the tips of my fingers still hurt, and they still hurt now. It's not frostbite of course but it's like some nerve thing.

I can't drink rum. Had a bad experience with it back in the day and that was it. Now gin on the other hand is my cup. That is when I drink.

Back