Hobart MegaArc 400D Welder Forsale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiteindustries

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hobart MegaArc 400D Arc welder with Hobart Portawire cc/cv wire feed/mig attachment.Whichs uses either shielded or non shielded wire with or without gas.
Perkins Diesel 4-236 power.Mid 1980's machine was used as a backup.Runs like new, no smoke, starts right up,2 newer battery's.Glow plug system even works for those cold day starts.This machine weighs something like 1,800lbs.A nice smooth power source,also 2 120volt outlets for grinders etc...Comes with all manuals also.
There are no cables with the machine but you can purchase those at any welding supply house.
Located in Rockport Ma.Have backhoe to load.
$1,200 FIRM CASH for a quick sale.

Hey, I just noticed, you're from my hometown. sweet welder, wish I were closer, and had the cash to buy it. I miss that town very good place.

Lawn Masters said:
Hey, I just noticed, you're from my hometown. sweet welder, wish I were closer, and had the cash to buy it. I miss that town very good place.
It has been a great place to live.
I am heading north to the Conway NH area now.Massachusetts is just to expensive to live in now...

I was just in Conway last week . . . it is really getting built up lately.
Still a nice town, but it doesn't seem like you're in NH.

Exactly,

Xtra said:
I was just in Conway last week . . . it is really getting built up lately.
Still a nice town, but it doesn't seem like you're in NH.
That is part of the draw for me,Plenty of work and Yuppies spending money ,Then ten minutes outside of town you are back in the woods.The best of both worlds for me.
Compared to the area that I am in now the salaries are about $2 per hour less and the property is 2/3's less.Add in no state income or sales tax it is hard not to go.Firewood is at $225 per cord on avg.so that is even not far off from down here($265).

$$

Xtra said:
Sounds like a good plan.

$225 & $265 for a cord? Jeez, we can only get around $135 for a cord here.
Every since pulp went up around this area,the last price I heard was $125- I think it has gone down some since then but Cordwood in Northeast Massachusetts has risen,It is $265 delivered locally per cord 128 cubic feet,Up in the Conway area looking threw local papers it is running $225 per cord seasoned delivered locally,anywhere from $150-$180 for green.
Still a bargain,they say a cord of wood is equal to a tank of oil in BTU output,$265 versus 250 X $2.00 per gal of heating oil.......Plus wood heats you atleast twice.

Back