Holy 562xp!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Typhoon

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My 562xp arrived about a week ago. I have been bucking some red oak and maple for the sawmill, and so far this baby is blowing my mind. It came with a 24" bar, and my 20" Techlite just arrived so I hope to put the new bar on tomorrow or Monday and see how it feels. I sold my 357 to get the 562 and WOW what a difference. I only have about 4 hours on the saw, but so far I notice a big difference in throttle response, and torque. It also seems to feel even more ergonomic than the 357, and I can't tell a weight difference (except the 64 pound bar that came on it). It should be a slicer and dicer with the techlite. I like the little fuel level indicator. I also like how the chain brake feels.. less travel than the 357's. The choke/kill switch is an improvement over the former design (although I never had a problem with the old one). The chain tensioner screw is bigger and better, and I like the large bar mount. I also noticed that hot starts are MUCH easier than with the 357, not a real big deal but almost every hot start with the 357 would take several pulls, whereas the 562 seems to crank up after just 1 or 2.......every time. I noticed the little nylon travel limiters on the anti-vibe springs, which I know was a recall item... so I am hoping all of the recalls have already been done on my saw. I will certainly post pics with the techlite bar either tomorrow or early next week. After I get about 20 hours on it I will report again, but I have a feeling that Husky has a masterpiece here. I only see improvements, no negatives so far. Pics to follow. Oh and, did anyone else notice that the 357 clutch removal tool also works for the 562? :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Congrats on the new saw! How well does it run with the 24" bar and chain combo? Are you using full comp or skip-tooth chain. When my 562 gets out of the shop I'm thinking of purchasing a 24" bar for it, or I might wait to see if Husky will ever come out with a 24" tech lite bar, I have a 20" tech lite on it now and it's a sweet combo. I recently cut up a 32" oak with that combo and it really impressed me. Good luck with your new saw.

Congrats on the new saw! How well does it run with the 24" bar and chain combo? Are you using full comp or skip-tooth chain. When my 562 gets out of the shop I'm thinking of purchasing a 24" bar for it, or I might wait to see if Husky will ever come out with a 24" tech lite bar, I have a 20" tech lite on it now and it's a sweet combo. I recently cut up a 32" oak with that combo and it really impressed me. Good luck with your new saw.
I wouldn't want a 24" bar on that light saw, and specially not a regular RSN one, like PowerMarch. It would become very front heavy.

Anyway, it doesn't matter much if the bar is 20 or 24", when the wood is 32".

Congratulations! Your reaction was exactly the same as mine the first time I ran mine and I still grin every time. The 562XP is a leap in technology and is a very strong runner. My favorite part about the 562XP is the lack of vibration, it is the smoothest saw I've ever run.:clap:

Fixed it for ya :)

254370d1348690855-20120925192851-jpg

254371-20120926094229-jpg

254372-20120926094241-jpg

That bench doesn't have enough bar oil and mix on it. Mine looks like the Exxon Valdez ran aground on it (I know, lots of you aren't old enough to get the reference--Google is your friend--good for at least 20 IQ points).

Oh yeah, nice saw! I would like to have one, but I am holding out for the 560, though I may have to settle for the JonnyRed version.

That bench doesn't have enough bar oil and mix on it. Mine looks like the Exxon Valdez ran aground on it (I know, lots of you aren't old enough to get the reference--Google is your friend--good for at least 20 IQ points).

[snip]

Thanks, now you're making me feel old :msp_tongue:

:D and i agree, nice saw !

Thanks guys! I got to run it today for a couple hours with the 20" Techlite. Perfectly balanced. I am still very impressed with the saw, and I really like the ease of hot starts. Usually 1 pull. My 357 was a little #####y when it was hot... would have to crank on it a bit. I was going to put a scrench holder on the handle but that's more money than I want to spend. :msp_tongue: FYI, the clutch removal tool from the 357 seems to fit perfectly. Seems like someone was saying a while back that they were waiting for the tool to be available or something.

The 562 is one hell of a runner isn't She?!?. I Love mine also with a 20" Techlite.
Like you said, "Perfect Balance", and you won't feel as beat up at the end of a long day.
Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back