Holz Hausen - please weigh in!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know why everybody thinks they take so long to build; it did not take any longer to stack than my rows of wood.

Just like a row once you set it up and build it's foundation it quickly goes together... after all you are just stacking wood.

I dont know why everybody thinks they take so long to build; it did not take any longer to stack than my rows of wood.

Just like a row once you set it up and build it's foundation it quickly goes together... after all you are just stacking wood.

Yes I agree with you, and with another arborist that said the center wood does not get much ventilation, that's why I made my third Holz Hausen with broken pallet wood in the center, stacked loosely and vertically to prevent (I am assuming) the whole darn thing from caving in. Once you have perfected the stacking of the ring wood with an angle sloping towards the center, the next Holz Hausen really is a piece of cake. Another point being, if the Holtz Hausen is a success (granted if the spring/summer is unusually wet, results may be iffy) you can reuse the cinder block ring and the broken pallet wood again and again...... Enough typing for now.... :givebeer:. Anyone else with personal views or different ways to make one?????:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back