Home Depot Rental Chainsaw for Sale - Should I?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....The oil only leaks when I run it at high RPMs it so I think that sounds like a good thing. I remove the bar, clean it, and inspect the 2 small holes you mentioned. Thanks for pointing this out.....
That means the pump is working. If you are getting it under the saw and not off the end of the bar, that means the oil isn't getting into the bar groove well.

(PS: be careful when testing that - I worked with a client who ended up with some pretty nasty scars on his face doing that when the saw kicked back at him. He had an old saw without a chain brake. It probably would have left a mark even with the brake, but it was much worse without. Somehow he hit the top tip of the bar to cause that kind of kickback...not sure how, just something I think of every time I make sure I am getting oil coming off of the chain...)

Thanks ATH. I read about kickbacks and saw a video where the operator just tapped the nose of the bar on a piece of wood and the thing went flying up toward him. I'll do my best
to avoid this type of thing. Thanks for the reminder and information about what can go wrong. I don't need anymore scars on my face :).

Latest posts

Back