Home on leave and the projects I've fixed lol

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodlandcammies

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
so I'm doing this to keep track of the stuff I have to fix this week and the stuff I'm getting fixed lol. Took a week of leave from the ship and drove my happy tail the five hours back to Carolina with a toolbox full of parts and stuff
1) install new carb on ryobi 4stroke trimmer- done runs like a champ
2) finish rebuilding husqvarna 323l weedeater- just got done (I started typing this post at 8- it's 230pm est now lol)
3) new bar and chain for poulan 2300av. Come to find my oiler isn't working. Gonna have to get a rebuilt one way pressure valve dang it.
4) had to order a new carb for the lawnmower. Cleaning it didn't help lol.
5) tune pos wild thing.... wide open throttle runs like crazy dies when you let off the throttle..
6) clear the back acre of downed trees.... with the 2300av with a bad oiler looks like I got to get an oil can do I don't kill my new chain...
more fun hijinks to come!
Oh and my echo leaf blower went down hard. Lower end noise....
Oh and the Wifey is rebuilding the deck and won't let me help cause it's "her project"

Attachments

• IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1250.JPG
    IMG_1250.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1251.JPG
    IMG_1251.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
So since the echo took a dive I decided to break out the weedeater blower whose carb was totally shot. Modified a Walbro from a chainsaw I had (bad p&c on the saw) and made a few small modifications. What do ya know it actually works.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
So wound up making franken-blower out of the dead echo and the weedeater blower. Modified the blower tube off the echo and mounted it on the weedeater. Puts out ALOT more air than the factory duckbill weedeater tube. Not really chainsaw oriented but tomorrow is gonna be getting dads husky saw up and running so I can get that back acre cleared

So the 2300 wouldn't start today so darn. Went and grabbed dads husky 325xt and slapped the new bar and chain I got for the poulan in it (holy crud it was the exact same mount and drive set lucky me!!! Dad hit a piece of metal on accident and fubar'd his old chain so his was a no go)
Took some stuff down in the back. His carb needs some love though as it didn't want to stay running and you had to feather the throttle initially up to wot. Ran decent after it warmed up and sling some nice chips. Got a late start with all the issues so gonna get back on it tomorrow morning

So it was a 235xp not a 325 my bust. Also from now on I refuse use stihl black fuel line. Kinks and shuts off flow way to easy. That's why my poulan wouldn't run. Putting some yellow Tygon I got from lowes that I've used before. Wish me luck

The first pic is the new fuel lines ran. Went ahead and slapped a new diaphragm and meterin block gasket set I had into it while I had it apart. Second pic is the garbage stihl thin wall line the dealer sold me. Even came out of a stihl labeled box. Never again....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
Slapped the crappy chain I had before on it and it ran like a champ. When I had the cover off I tightened the idle set screw about 3/4 of a turn of open her up a bit. First time since I've had her that I can start her without using the throttle and without the chain spinning, and she's happy. Doesn't cut out after two or three minutes of idling now either, yet barely idled higher than before. Think I found the sweet spot. I AM going to have to tear the clutch off to get to the oil pressure valve though... ... not to mention her ANOTHER bar and chain since my dads saw now has a new one.... although starting that husky with the vibration dampeners and watching the motor move when I was pull starting it was a new experience.... Dad might not get that saw back after all

The current stockpile of equipment minus one weedeater that's brand new my mom gave my wife this year lol. And for anyone who says ryobi 4 strokes are hard to start come try mine. 3 primer pumps 1 pull on full choke to pop the. No choke and pull twice. Easiest starting weedeater ever

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
So question is that 235xp considered a home owner small saw or decent medium saw? I'm not familiar with husky as most of my experience is old poulans and stihls

The 235 x-torq is considered a homeowner small saw.

Not the best way to dig a stump out.... wish I had some tannerite hahah. Missing my dads tractor right now but we do what we must. And before anyone says that chain is too small- that's a 10k rated aircraft chain from the ship with a 10k hook on it hehehe. my little helper helping me dig the root ball out as well. Pine beetles got to the tree last year and killed it within six months.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
And gratuitous picture of me sweating my hind quarters off. Wearing my Seabee uniform from my last command... got to love it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Sweet new carb for the poulan pro lawnmower from the mid 90's came in. Slapped on a new fuel line and primer bulb new carb, air filter, plug and new blade and just went to town on my front jungle that used to be a yard. Riding lawnmower died earlier this year (Briggs intek 2 engine slung a rod.... surprised how often these engines do that after reading up on them... garbage motors...) and the wife couldn't cut the grass while I was out to sea... got to love the honey do list

Back