Homelite 1130g - how much gear-oil ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 936202
This is what is listed in the shop manual for the Super 1130G. I hope this helps.
Yeah I got that manual too and that is not correct, for a 1130 or 3100 anyway. If you followed that direction the whole gear case would be full to the top. There is a metal screw/plug right in front of the clutch bulge on that gear cover. That is what you remove when filling from the top and you stop when it starts coming out of that hole in the side.20200913_143510.jpg

Yeah I got that manual too and that is not correct, for a 1130 or 3100 anyway. If you followed that direction the whole gear case would be full to the top. There is a metal screw/plug right in front of the clutch bulge on that gear cover. That is what you remove when filling from the top and you stop when it starts coming out of that hole in the side.View attachment 936337
Thanks for catching that for us Mark, that wouldn't have worked out to well. I also have a Super 1130G but I havn't used it in at least 15 years, I think I figured that out back when I was using it with a 36" for cutting up some big oaks for firewood.

Latest posts

Back