Homelite 360 bar mount confusion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This has been discussed before so I thought that I would go through and show what is what with the proper bar mounts for the Homelite 360.

Now I think someone tried to say that the 360 was made with 2 different styles of bar mounts , so if that's true, take this with a grain of salt.

Seems like most think that the 360 used a regular Oregon D096/D196 mount, well that don't work. the oil holes don't come close to lining up and the slot is 3/8".

Here is a D096 mount on the 360. Look at the oiler channel though the adjuster hole, the placement of the oiler hole on the bar and the gap on the studs.

attachment.php

Next is the mount that should be used, a Oregon K095 mount, better known as a small Husky mount. Slot is .322" compared to the .315 or 5/16" studs on the saw. Very close. In fact, this is the bar Oregon specs for the obsolete small Homelite mount like used on the Super E-Z.

Notice the oiler hole in the bar matchs perfectly, and the adjuster holes while being round are of large enough size to still allow the flat adjuster pin to fit fine. The downfall to this bar is the different DL count needed compared to the original. Example, a 20" Husky bar needs a 72dl chain compared to the original Homelite bar useing a 70dl chain.

attachment.php

If you want to keep the original drive link count, you could use a Poulan/Echo/McCulloch style D176 mount which also has a 5/16" slot. . No the oil holes don't line up, but most Oregon bars of this style do allow for though the adjuster hole oiling. The only thing is the tail of this bar is larger but I have used this on a Super E-Z and it seemed to work out ok.

attachment.php

Here is a original small Homelite bar mount just for you to see.

attachment.php

The other and maybe best option for this saw if you want to keep the original drive link count maybe the Oregon A041 mount. The bar slot is the correct size but the only thing is that you need to drill the adjuster holes out larger like the small Husky mount bars for the flat adjuster pin to fit in it. This bar will also oil through the adjuster holes. The other draw back is this style bar is mostly only to be found in a laminate bar. This picture shows the oringinal sized adjuster holes, but they would be easy to drill out.

attachment.php

Hope this clears up some confusion anyway. If someone has a 360 with 3/8" bar studs please chime in and let us know.

Homelite 360 096 mount

Here is a shot of my 360 with what I believe is the 096 bar mount:
It looks like the difference between yours and mine is mine has an s-shaped spacer slid on the studs to take up the slop of the wider slot. Oiling is through the adjuster slot. I believe this to be the origional bar.

attachment.php

What I like is that it fits on my 80(along with the 70 link chain). The oiler hole is not perfect, but it shows about 75%, and seems to be enough for normal ops.

attachment.php

David, thanks for pointing out that some D096 bars do indeed have the option to oil through the adjuster hole as I had forgotten to mention that. Seems that its not as big of a hole as whats in the D176 mount bar though.

If I myself were going to use that big Homelite mount bar on that saw, I would file the aduster holes more oval like the D176 mounts as that would open the oil slot in it some more. Like I also said the tail of that D096 bar is quite a bit larger and holds the chain up higher faster, so I'm not sure of the long term affects of sprocket wear.

That spring "S" spacer was common on the Poulan saw's that used the Windsor bars on them.

Last edited:
Here is a shot of my 360 with what I believe is the 096 bar mount:
It looks like the difference between yours and mine is mine has an s-shaped spacer slid on the studs to take up the slop of the wider slot. Oiling is through the adjuster slot. I believe this to be the origional bar.

attachment.php

What I like is that it fits on my 80(along with the 70 link chain). The oiler hole is not perfect, but it shows about 75%, and seems to be enough for normal ops.

attachment.php

First picture looks just like my two 360's with bars that have Homelite painted on them. I am sure they are OEM replacement bars.

Mark I have an Oregon bar marked 160SFDAO95 pro-am. I was told its a small Husky mt. but the tail of it is narrow and the oil holes won't match any saw I have. The bar slots are 5/16 and the adjuster holes match my other Homelite bars. Whats this bar from. Any ideas?

Thanks for the info scooterfarm. Yes, the bar does have Homelite painted on it. I assumed it was origional because the saw does not appear to have very many hours on it, I thought it unlikely they had had to buy a new bar.

Mark I have an Oregon bar marked 160SFDAO95 pro-am. I was told its a small Husky mt. but the tail of it is narrow and the oil holes won't match any saw I have. The bar slots are 5/16 and the adjuster holes match my other Homelite bars. Whats this bar from. Any ideas?

From what I can find, the A095 mount is used on small saws, like the Husky 334, 335, and 338. It is used with 3/8's lp chain right?

Latest posts

Back