Homelite 7-29 rehab

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW, That thing is awsome.
I can just hear the torque. That
saw is made to be leaned on.
You did a fantastic job and thanks
for sharing all the info and pic's.

Lee

Lee,

This sucker is like an old tractor. The more you dog it, the harder it pulls and the louder it gets. I wanted to really reef on the handlebars, but the log was rocking and I was liable to roll it right off.

Chris B.

I got spaced out watching the chain. It sounds like it should, cuts great, and you are a big enough guy to run one properly.

Randy, I see what you mean about watching the chain. It was moving almost slow enough to count the teeth. And maybe I'm big enough to run it properly, but I haven't yet tried to drop-start it. Mainly because I'm paranoid about the ball drive not catching.

Chris B.

Chris,

The saw looks great. I see you have a W-9 in the background. I grew up running the diesel version in a TD-9 dozer. They old dozer had plenty of power for it's size but was a SOB to start. The ole girl would foul plugs when started on gas. It was easier to just give her a tug on diesel

Bill

Bill,

Yep, my trusty old W-9. Picked it up in 2008, shortly before the big flood in NW Indiana. I had to do the following repairs to make it field-ready--replace camshaft, clean the fuel tank (not easy when the tank weighs 100lbs), replace both inner rear axle bearings. I love the old girl. Starts everytime, even in sub-zero temps. Somebody had thankfully converted it to 12V before I picked it up. Stupid me, I had the head off when searching for a knocking noise and but I never measured the bore to see if it was a 335ci or 350 ci motor. I've not messed much with the gas-start-diesels but I do know they are EXPENSIVE to work on.

I could go on and on about the tractor, but I'll leave it alone.

Chris B.

Chris,

The ole gas start/diesel runs were a SOB but fun to run when going. The neighobor had one (MD) he bought new and ran only for a few hours. I assume he never paid for it. He hid it in a shed for years. The last I saw it it was still there all rusted to ****. The new owner probaly scrapped it

Bill

Thanks to Mark H. for getting picture of my 7-29 doing it's thing. Aside from my 750, probably the best running saw I had at the GTG. Only complaint--not enough bar for the engine.

Chris B.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back