Homelite 750 project.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uzi

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found a home lite 750 with a trashed piston looks pretty complete otherwise maybe needs a muffler. They want $100 for it is it worth trying to mess with are Pistons still available for these? There is a 650 there as well are they much different?

Seems like a high price for a non-runner, especially with a bad piston. I guess it's worth what somebody is willing to give for it. For that much, it should at least have a good b/c. If it's been sitting a long time, I would plan on doing all the normal stuff. There are lots of parts around for old Homies.

I'd spring for both.

While 750 top ends are rare, they do appear from time to time (... and be prepared to PAY for it, too). Worst case is, you make money by parting it out if it's complete.

Some more experienced hands than mine say the 650 is even stronger.

Thats a great price even needing a piston. Yes, pistons are hard to come by, but one will eventually show up and the big Homies are very desireable. The 650 is supposed to be more rare and would bring good money if you didn't want it.

I'd get 'em both. 650s came with a larger venturi carb. 750 are scarce, but they turn up. Just have to stay on the lookout.

Dan

Missing a muffler as well... ouch! $1000 for a muffler, piston and cylinder was turned down not long ago... not enough $$ to sell them. I know somebody interested in either of them......... with the parts to fix them. Half wrap on the 750, that would make it the east coast version, 750E and with west coast spikes.

Just got home and took them apart....can't stop grinning the piston is fine on the 750. I pulled a rookie move not knowing these saws or ever seeing one I didn't realize they had handle mounted decomp levers both saws were wide open. Closed them down and they both got lots of compression. The story doesn't end perfectly though the 750 has been ran with the muffler loose for long enough it rubbed a big groove into the gasket surface it. It will need some welding/grinding to be made flat again.

Latest posts

Back