• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Homelite 8-29

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 119840

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know this is a hard saw to find... but I thought I'd try to give it a shot to ask here if anybody's got one to sell.

I'm still looking for one of those. Preferably complete, but doesn't need to run.

I'm not really surprised or having any expectations at all to find one. I just thought I'd let this great community know I would want to get one, one day :)

I will second that and add ......tough to find in any condition...... I only have one and she is NO beauty queen. I have found a few more 7-29's as there are a few more out there.

Same here, I think I’ve found six 7-29s now, and when I stumbled upon my 8-29, it was just listed as “old Homelite” and was missing a few recoil parts. From my experience, it is the hardest Homelite to find.

Same here, I think I’ve found six 7-29s now, and when I stumbled upon my 8-29, it was just listed as “old Homelite” and was missing a few recoil parts. From my experience, it is the hardest Homelite to find.
I agree it probably is the hardest Homelite to find. The 770GS Stick Shift is also but I have
more of those than 8-29

Back