Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1050 this saw is a beast, 3 ft still bar looks New as foes the chain.
agazaras.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

...still battling the XL-901. Can somebody tell me what screws I could use to reassemble the fuel tank on my XL-901? I destroyed the old ones getting them off. Takes two different kinds. Looks like the originals are 8-32 x 1 3/4 and 8 - 32 x 5/8. Part numbers are 82146 and 82147. They have Phillips heads. A different style head would be an improvement and I'm hoping to find something. Can someone please tell me what I want and where to find it. Many thanks!

P.S. I took these screws to a local nut and bolt shop. Normally those guys have everything, but they struck out on these. Maybe the threads are oddball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hindsight being 20-20, a double dose of carb. cleaner or lacquer thinner would have been lots easier for that 901 tank.
67: scroll up and look at that pic I posted of the inside of the tank. That stuff had to be chipped out.

I can dig up a good tank for a 903 if you would want it. Looking at an IPL, they take the same tank. The exterior paint is just about gone but the inside looks clean with most of the smooth black coating/sealer that some of them have still intact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can dig up a good tank for a 903 if you would want it. Looking at an IPL, they take the same tank. The exterior paint is just about gone but the inside looks clean with most of the smooth black coating/sealer that some of them have still intact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks so much for the offer. My tank is good and it's all cleaned out now. What I need is the replacement screws to put it back together. Preferably something other than Philips heads. Thanks again for the offer.

5-9-14 at 5 pm update: I went to another fastener place here in town I didn't know existed. They fixed me right up with some Allen head screws. I'm pumped!

Thread needs a bump

20140509_135527.jpg
20140509_135641.jpg
20140509_135659.jpg

Been watching for some time now and finally got a chance at one. Box was beat during shipping and received less than good handling to say the least! One corner crunched, couple in the top. All the tools, 3 never used saw blades and even the warranty card. Started on the 6th pull and purrs like a kitten :)

I'll use it to build a fence and the 026 circular saw as well.

Thread needs a bump

View attachment 349481
View attachment 349482
View attachment 349483

Been watching for some time now and finally got a chance at one. Box was beat during shipping and received less than good handling to say the least! One corner crunched, couple in the top. All the tools, 3 never used saw blades and even the warranty card. Started on the 6th pull and purrs like a kitten :)

I'll use it to build a fence and the 026 circular saw as well.
OK....... I'm jealous...........

...still battling the XL-901. Can somebody tell me what screws I could use to reassemble the fuel tank on my XL-901? I destroyed the old ones getting them off. Takes two different kinds. Looks like the originals are 8-32 x 1 3/4 and 8 - 32 x 5/8. Part numbers are 82146 and 82147. They have Phillips heads. A different style head would be an improvement and I'm hoping to find something. Can someone please tell me what I want and where to find it. Many thanks!

P.S. I took these screws to a local nut and bolt shop. Normally those guys have everything, but they struck out on these. Maybe the threads are oddball?

I have many original Homelite screws including 82146 & 82147. You will need 6 - 82146 and 9 82147.
chainsawlady

Hi Guys,

Somewhat new to the site; figured I'd introduce myself by sharing my weekend find...

Homelite Super XL 925 with a Windsor 20" 3/8 Sprocket Tip Bar, New Stihl Chain...bought from a Homelite 'Conniseur' so to speak so it is all tuned and runs like a dream!

Same guy had a couple Super Minis in the same condition that I probably should have grabbed also...

Cheers

Old Sam

c9739e6a-1c08-4c4c-a352-697145a03f8b_zpsdf1860f2.jpg

Hi Guys,

Somewhat new to the site; figured I'd introduce myself by sharing my weekend find...

Homelite Super XL 925 with a Windsor 20" 3/8 Sprocket Tip Bar, New Stihl Chain...bought from a Homelite 'Conniseur' so to speak so it is all tuned and runs like a dream!

Same guy had a couple Super Minis in the same condition that I probably should have grabbed also...

Cheers

Old Sam

c9739e6a-1c08-4c4c-a352-697145a03f8b_zpsdf1860f2.jpg

Wow! That's a beauty.

Hi guys,
I'm usually in the McCulloch section but I also like Homelites and own a few. I saw the 9-23 or 9-25 whatever it was sell on eBay for 850 some dollars. Is that typical for one of these saws price wise? I been trying to find one of these in this series and can't find anything decent or i can afford. Or a 990 or 909 something along those lines. If anyone has one of these they don't want a small fortune for drop me a line. I'd love to have one of these in my collection. I'm just not that familiar with them and what they go for. I know it is a sought after saw but that's about it. I can't afford to pay a lot for saws in my situation but some I can.

Nick

Sent from my S10 using Tapatalk

Greetings all. I've been trying to find a big Homelite for some time. I think I have a deal worked out for a nice one owner 550. I'm paying more than I want to, so I'm looking for advice. Are these still worth using a couple times a year on the odd "big un"? Most of my cutting is smaller stuff, but now and again I find I could use a bit more oomph.

I'm not planning any logging operations. Mostly storm clean up, and some firewood. Is the 550 still serviceable enough for occasional use, or better suited to shelf queen collector status?

Is the 550 still serviceable enough for occasional use, or better suited to shelf queen collector status?

They ain't super rare, so unless it's almost new or near mint, I'd recommend use it as much as you feel like. Some parts seem to be getting harder to find, such as pistons and rings, and actually haven't been seeing too many boots lately either. A rotten boot is most likely to be your #1 maintainance issue, and they can turn to mush whether you run it or not, so might as well run it.

Dan

Latest posts

Back