Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey thanks For the info Dan, I agree the colors are all over the spectrum. I will check out the colors you suggested. Might you know what years they were blue? I have a SXL that has a P in the serial usually meening 1994, but it looks older.
The compression release clip on my Super 2100 in the pic is a factory painted OEM part against Dupli-color DE 1607 Chevrolet Red-Orange on the rest of the saw.

ca118b0be7e37b93b3c5731df4f49986.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V

I replaced my shorty with a CJ8J. had to replace the clip as well.
just didn't wanna fool with finding those funky little plugs.
I keep some around for my oldies. I like keeping everything as original as possible.

3725692ed01e80e46300ae8bca03bac6.jpg

I have one of the 'stumpy' plugs in the misc. odd stuff. It was on a Lombard 648.

Sent from my SM-N910V

I keep some around for my oldies. I like keeping everything as original as possible.

3725692ed01e80e46300ae8bca03bac6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V

Oh good grief.....................................

Where does the fuel line come out of the tank at?

Sent from my SM-N910V

Yup, the very early had a 'sanitary napkin' on the PTO side wall of the fuel tank. Outlet was a 90 deg. fitting and a hard line up to the carb. box.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Just wondering what year about? Couldn't crack the number like on the red ones, this is my first blue. I can get all the parts for it and the short plugs. Someone put chain oil in the gas and took it in for scrap, runs real good now, got a new muffler ordered.

Going through known serial numbers and dates that I've jotted down from dealer memos and estimating production numbers, and if there were no production shut downs/reductions, my rough guess would be early 1966.

Going through known serial numbers and dates that I've jotted down from dealer memos and estimating production numbers, and if there were no production shut downs/reductions, my rough guess would be early 1966.
steve, based on your data, what approximate year of manufacture would be a SN 2079xxx? all I've got now is it predates 1970

Adam, I misfigured the serial number ranges.
Yours could be late 1966 and Jerry, yours could be early 1966.
Again, that's assuming the monthly production numbers didn't vary greatly.

steve, based on your data, what approximate year of manufacture would be a SN 2079xxx? all I've got now is it predates 1970
Adam, I misfigured the serial number ranges.
Yours could be late 1966 and Jerry, yours could be early 1966.
Again, that's assuming the monthly production numbers didn't vary greatly.
ok , thanks Steve, your image of your SXL limited never popped up but the IMG square is there?

Back