Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reinstalled clutch, etc. Helped somewhat., Think I'll go the Green Loctite route. Update once it arrives.
Well, the Loctite 290 arrived and I applied two thin coats, using a little vacuum between each application. It’s been 24 hours but I’ll wait till tomorrow. Did notice that it held vacuum, if only at 7” .

Homelite EZ Repaired:

Welp, persistence pays off once again!
As mentioned, I finally figured out how to remove the Carburetor (pretty simple actually). I also viewed a “How-To” video about rebuild an HDC Carburetor. Ironically, during the course of the video, there is a blurb mentioned about “Varnish”….and, as I continued to remove the components.;…I soon discovered that I would how important that blurb would turn out to be!

Here is what I found the problems to be:

#1. Chainsaw sat to long out of service and formed a Layer of Varnish all over the inside of the Carburetor (plugged passages/ channels etc)
#2. Inlet Needle Valve also had varnish layer around it (as well as the inside of the valve Chanel’s-Well), causing it to stick and flood.
#3. Inlet Needle Valve Lever was way out of alignment (as far as height goes). It extended beyond the edges of the carburetor (its suppose to be flush across).
#4. The end of the Valve Lever (forked end) that captures the Needle Valve was bent all out of shape and wouldn’t capture the Needle Valve properly.

So, in the end, I scraped all the freaking varnish off from the inside (that was a task). Then, I cleaned the Carburetor (Carb Cleaner & Compressed Air) and finally cleaned the Needle Valve thoroughly.

Finally, I bent the forked end of the Needle Valve Lever back into shape and readjusted/aligned it to be flush with the edges.

And we now have a Homelite EZ added to the collection…

Quick Stupid Question:

Working on a beater SkilSaw 1616 chainsaw. First step is the get the ripcord replaced. After removing the cover, I decided to check the spark plug. After jiggling off the cap…I discovered that the other end (the one that plugs into the coil) came out (see picture).

Question: Is it possible to reinstall this wire and maybe secure it in place? Memory has it that I might have to remove some of the outer shielding?

Or…is it broke for good and I need to find a spare replacement?

Often, the coil has a screw in the socket so you can screw a wire back into it. Have you looked closely at the wire socket on the coil?
Often, the coil has a screw in the socket so you can screw a wire back into it. Have you looked closely at the wire socket on the coil?
Dang…ya I checked, no such set screw in this one. Thanks for the tip though, I will be sure to remember that in the future if I run across this again…

Dang…ya I checked, no such set screw in this one. Thanks for the tip though, I will be sure to remember that in the future if I run across this again…
MOst I've seen the coil wire merely pulls out. Replacing one requires you to expose a bit of the copper wire and push it in using a streong adhesive to keep it in place.

Just picked up a Super xl-922 and an old 900D. I was wondering if anyone has a good side/clutch cover for a xl-900 series saw they wouldn't mind parting with for some cash? I also need some muffler parts for my 900D. I have the muffler base but need the heat damper, cap and element. Part numbers for those are A-59463 for the damper, 57369 for the cap and A-57598 for the element. Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help!
19a05a778950472494c5db32b3d1c741.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Just picked up a Super xl-922 and an old 900D. I was wondering if anyone has a good side/clutch cover for a xl-900 series saw they wouldn't mind parting with for some cash? I also need some muffler parts for my 900D. I have the muffler base but need the heat damper, cap and element. Part numbers for those are A-59463 for the damper, 57369 for the cap and A-57598 for the element. Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help!
19a05a778950472494c5db32b3d1c741.jpg

Technically, what you need is this style muffler. But, either is going to be hard to find. There is one on ebay, but quite expensive. Keep searching for the part numbers. Check other ipls for superseded numbers. Eventually they'll turn up. Guys are probably hanging onto these exhaust parts considering how often they are missing or damaged.

IMG_1155.jpg

Not too surprised with that. Pretty much every old homelite of that era that I come across is at least missing the damper. I lucked out with the 775D I have. It was still hanging on with a wire someone had looped around it. I think I saw that muffler on ebay your talking about, I think it was priced up around 250. I kinda figured this would be the case so I'll probably end up fabbing up a homemade damper. The picture below is what is currently on the 900D I have.
365505818681f4d5790f5971d7bad00e.jpg

Not my 9-23, but I do have a couple. I just searched to find a picture with a clear shot of the exhaust.

To be fair, either exhaust would be correct in the sense that Homelite discontinued the big exhaust and subbed the smaller style you have. Also, for the 995s there is a right pointing damper vs left. Only the damper changed, everything else is the same.

:clap: Go ahead, Rub it in! LOL But yep, hafta roll it just past TDC for any chance at all. In my case, I would prime it with several slow pulls on choke then un-choke it for the air flow and a little easier pull. Once I got it running and loosened up a little it was a bit more cooperative. Doesn't need to sit very long to get stubborn, though. Been a couple years now and it'll definitely take somebody else to get it going again.

Guy I sold that 2000 115cc to on CRG FB got it running the other day. Said points and lines all it needed. Decomp works.

He took the original 20" off and put a longer bar for his uses.

He made a video of it there. Cant share it here.

PHO weight before I shipped it to him.

h200036.jpgh2000.jpgh2000weight.jpg
h2000choke.jpg

Back