Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could anyone here use a Homelite cover plate? I got one in a box of misc parts awhile back and I'm getting tired of kicking it around, if anyone here needs it just pm me your address and I'll be happy to send it to you, otherwise I'll probably just chuck it.
IMG_9780.jpeg

That would be awesome to see at the Chelsea gtg! Not so fun for you to haul though...

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

That would be awesome to see at the Chelsea gtg! Not so fun for you to haul though...

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Yes, Ron it is a little bit of a challenge to haul. The generator weighs 125 lb and the saw weighs 35. I made a couple of cuts with it yesterday.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

A buddy who's into Huskies picked up a pretty clean-looking C72 and since he doesn't collect them he asked me if I know any Homie collectors who'd be want it, is this something any of y'all would be interested in? I can get more pics and a price if anyone's interested.
View attachment 977086
That is a pretty nice looking 72. I personally am not interested but I’m surprised if no one has bought that!

one of my current projects bringing a 450 back to life. Pulled from the local transfer station with a 28" bar (that needs work too) new rings and a set of better used main bearings and the normal parts.View attachment 982268View attachment 982270
I have a 550 I pulled from above my garage/shed in great shape. It would fire on prime but needs a bit of work on the fuel side of things, now the gas tank appears to be leaking I will probably put it back where I found it for a while. Nice looking project You have I will try to stay tuned.

Hi folks.

First project in a long while. Darn saws went and got expensive over the past 18 months. Didn’t get too far before I slipped. Throwing out the feelers for a used clutch or spider…or other options.

Seen some miles, but has a great looking top end/compression. First VI in the 9xx series for me. D757241A-43D2-4A0C-9A11-06862940D0B7.jpeg7103DE12-E7AE-4A15-A065-46C8D24EBD13.jpeg4126276B-E0B1-44ED-8ED2-C9B88AD83F1F.jpeg

Is there already a Homelite thread? My dad has a little red and white one that maybe was straight gassed when borrowed...I don't think it's completely froze up but I haven't inspected.

Any fans? Can we get another brand specific thread moving???
Try the forum - House of Homelite

Snagged a Super XL 945 Saturday, Nice Looking Decals and paint No Bar or Chain .. To many projects to do before i get serious with it..Would help a BUNCH if my computer would QUIT fer a while,,,
Edit: I got caught It is a Super XL 925

I bought an XL-113 a while back.I put a new fuel line & filter in it & rebuilt the carb & it ran great.....till I took it out to cut a couple weeks ago.It sounded like an old hit & miss engine.I figured it had to be a condenser problem,so I tore the saw down to find the condenser had separated from the bracket.I found a new condenser on Feebay for $4 & had to wait almost 2 weeks to get it.Yesterday afternoon I put that condenser in the saw & had to call it quits at 6:45 p.m.I'll check to see if the saw has spark again today.Hopefully I didn't get a bum condenser.

A SXL-945?Sorry,not familiar with that model.Maybe a typo?
Super XL 925 I like to think TYPO but with
"The Mind of ME" It is a combo of sometimers crossed with dimentia in control of uncoordinated fingers. (And probably a Rat Terrier in my Lap)
Any way thanks for catching that.

I bought an XL-113 a while back.I put a new fuel line & filter in it & rebuilt the carb & it ran great.....till I took it out to cut a couple weeks ago.It sounded like an old hit & miss engine.I figured it had to be a condenser problem,so I tore the saw down to find the condenser had separated from the bracket.I found a new condenser on Feebay for $4 & had to wait almost 2 weeks to get it.Yesterday afternoon I put that condenser in the saw & had to call it quits at 6:45 p.m.I'll check to see if the saw has spark again today.Hopefully I didn't get a bum condenser.
I have several xl76 units and they run like modern saws. Even with no av they are easy on the hands. Sad to see the junk with the Homelite name today.

I have several xl76 units and they run like modern saws. Even with no av they are easy on the hands. Sad to see the junk with the Homelite name today.
That newer crap that's out there with the Homelite name is a disgrace to the name/brand.I have several saws in the XL-100 series - three XL-101s,XL-102,XL-103,XL-113,two XL-123s,two XL-130s.They're all great saws.I also have an XL-76.It's hard to get all these saws in the lineup when I have so many,Lol.

I got the XL-113 running again! I put a NOS condenser in it that I bought on Feebay,the condensers there are a crap shoot.I put the condenser in a couple of days ago & got busy with other things.Today I buttoned the saw up & checked for spark.It has bright blue spark.I put fuel in the saw & tried to get it to fire up,but it was a no go.I took the wire off the switch to see if it had spark & it did.I knew the switch was good because it worked prior to the condenser breaking loose from the bracket.I looked the wire for the switch over really good & couldn't find anything wrong.Just for an extra measure I wrapped the wire in tape & put it back together.The saw fired up on the 1st pull.YeeHaw!

Haven't been on here in a few weeks. Finally started working on my 2100 super project. I got it all broken down, cleaned and some new bearings and seals installed. Started putting it back together. Gotta wait for some gaskets to arrive to go any further.

Attachments

• IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1086.jpg
    IMG_1086.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1085.jpg
    IMG_1085.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1084.jpg
    IMG_1084.jpg