Homelite Color and corrosion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firebrick43

Life is all about big saws
Reaction score
I went up to my fathers and picked up the Homelite 750 that my uncle gave to me. Pretty good shape but my dad let it set on the ground right where his @#$#ing barn cats piss (he has way to many, dont know why he doesnt shoot them) and there is corrosion on the bottom of the saw, not pitted or any thing but it needs to be addressed. How do I clean the corrosion off of magnesium and prep for paint. Will aircraft stripper take off the paint? Then is there a standard oem color that matches homelite red pretty close, I thought International red at first but comparing it I dont know?

Jay Moyer

"Nothing like horsepower, 8 Seconds or Mile Per Hour"
Chris LeDoux

Jay, If you painted the whole saw it wouldn't matter if the paint was a perfect match. I do beleive that once the magnesium starts to corrode it's irreversable, I hope someone can prove me wrong.

There is a liquid I am told that is applied, and it works like some form of neutralizer, I will see if i can find out more.

Back