Homelite e-z automatic parts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HomeLite_EZAuto

HomeLite_EZAuto

Hi, I was hoping if anybody here could help me find parts, specifically a bar and chain for my red and white Homelite e-z automatic. It runs awsome but It seems very old and I cant find parts for it anywere, and im not exactly sure were to start anyway. the type is: 10109 Serial number:93070750 If somebody could tell me what bar and chain could fit on my model I would be very grateful. If you need more info i'll do my best,Thanks for your help.

Molecule

Molecule

ArboristSite Operative
or maybe the mini-K, known as z095

the z095 is the same as the k095, except the tail is a little tighter for the smaller diameter sprocket.

if you have the 6-point spur sprocket on your clutch drum, you might want look at the z095

the k095 will swap better with dolmars etc, which have a 7-pin rim sprocket. (the z095 won't lead the chain in as well from a larger diameter sprocket, and it gets chewed up.) I haven't put a k095 bar on a 6 point sprocket before, but you might want to check that the tail on the k-bar is not too high to east the chain back in.

sedanman

sedanman

Just cut the piano!!
My 2005 Oregon catalog lists the SEZ AO as having a 7 tooth 3/8 sprocket and using the k095. My own SEZ AO is set up with .325 7 tooth and a powermatch plus in k095. Oregon doesn't list a 6 tooth 3/8 or a .325 sprocket for that saw. My sprocket is a Total. If I was going to 3/8 on this saw it would be low profile for sure.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I believe the ez auto is very similar to the Xl-1 . I have a couple of the Xl-1 autos, they have a slightly larger displacement than the early ez's and xl-1's, and have no problems running a 3/8 full chisel chain. Your saw might be down a little bit power-wise if it has the smaller engine, you might be best off with a .325 setup or 3/8 low profile. Maybe the best bet is to start off with the 3/8 l-p and have the option of the larger chain if you want it. I think this would work, has anybody else switched back and forth between low profile and normal 3/8 with no other changes?

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
The EZ Auto and Super EZ will run 3/8 fine but I have to say I have never tried .325 on them so that may be slightly better. I am puzzled by those who want to rum LP on them. They have plenty of power and do not need 3/8LP chain. I have a very large amount of Super EZ's and they coutinue to be my favorite small old saw. As for finding a bar they are extremly plentiful and chains are a simple matter of cutting to length.

Bill

chainsawworld

chainsawworld

ArboristSite Guru
the super ez is 2.3 cubes. amazingly enough it runs 3/8 with little problem. i have tested slighly larger saws, such as the 026 stihl, and it wants no part in running 3/8. i did run 3/8 on a 51 husky and it cut okay. funny thing about that 51. it runs .325 and 3/8 on the same rim. i have NEVER seen anything like it. marty

Molecule

Molecule

ArboristSite Operative
super EZ limbing saw

IMHO the Super EZ was one of the nicest limbing saws ever.

Not thristy. Reed carb. Amazing - amazing! grunt for a 30-something saw. Ran a 3/8 chain on a big fat 16" bar. I cut up a 20" black cherry stump, which totally gagged out a 55, with my last chain for the day, a 3/8 chain where cutters had got filed all the way back and rakers set very low. Powerhead weighed only 9 lbs .. repeat 9 lbs! The nicest thing was the unbelievable low end power -- the speed, safety and utility of which most modern cutters are sadly unaware.

In the tight and very dangerous situations, like crawling around in limb trash when a tree is first fallen, where danger of high rpm tip pinch is continuous, it doesn't hurt to have a saw that was specifically designed to rip up a 10" branch at 4-5000 rpm. Pop the trigger, and it would pull out chips "thick as a nickle" - these modern saws just can't do that. I blew the main bearings on mine when I hit a burried nail, so I've had to replace it with a 13K'er. When it was running, I'd easily compare a new stock 10.5 lb 260/346 with 18" of 325 with that little 9 lb Homie, on task of delimbing a 20" tree with 6-10" branches under varying degrees of tension or compression. When the totality of noise, smoke, high rpm-vibration, hassles of bar pinch with these modern low torque saws, danger of tip pinch when limbing at high rpms, etc. are added to the 14K'er, I think the little 4-8K Homie with its fat blade and low end grunt comes out ahead.

eyolf

eyolf

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've got 2 S-Ez's, and I will second the notion about them having pretty good torque for a little saw. One is set up for 3/8" chain with an original homie laminated bar, the other has a Husky-labelled .325sprocket-tip on it. I definitely like the .325 better.

As an aside, I fired up two old saws over the weekend and blocked up some firewood...one was the S-ez w/ 3/8" and the other is a Jonsered 90. Of course, the homie seemed a little puny compared to the Jonsered! Next weekend I think I'll get one of the old 5-20 Homie gear drives out and make some noise!

glens

glens

Former Member
I like the super-easies too, but the rubber jacket on the handlebar really ain't enough isolation for my tastes.  I hate having numb hands after a sawing session.

One nice thing about those saws which have the carb sitting in the filtered airbox is the automatic compensation of fuel delivery as the filter condition changes.  Stihl had to provide a duct for that capability with the carb mounted outside the filter and a lot of people call it a gimmick...

Glen

Latest posts