Homelite EZ auto

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonrkba

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm working on an old Homelite EZ automatic. I need help with a part I'm trying to locate. The fuel line to the gas tank runs through a rubber grommet, I need to replace that grommet. Is it just a standard grommet or do I need to use a specific part number. Here is a couple pictures to help.

Thanks. Jason.IMG_20180407_165359590.jpg IMG_20180407_165355160.jpg

Your first picture is actually an oil line, grommet is mainly for looks. The one in the fuel tank can probably be had on ebay or a good hardware store but you'll have to measure the hole.

I posted that one for the model number.
The saw is in decent shape so I'll update when I can.
Thanks guys.

Yours appears to be one of the older ones unless some of the exterior parts were changed. The newer ones have a black plastic air filter cover and a plastic starter cover and also has electronic ignition. Newer ones also have a brush guard on the top of the handlebar, kinda like a chain brake handle and the handlebar is rubber padded.

Good to know, my friend came across one that was about to go to the scrap yard. He grabbed it and gave it to me. I put some fuel in it and it fired right up. It doesn't have the correct chain on it so I need to find the right chain for it. I think the automatic oil isnt working but other wise runs real good. These little saw have pretty impressive power for the size that they are. For 37cc they have more power than a current 37cc chainsaw would

Attachments

• 7589.jpeg
    7589.jpeg
    717.6 KB · Views: 8
They claim biggest bar you should put on it is a 18". What is on your for a chain? Mine is really loud as well. Almost sounds like a dirtbike

Back when those saws were made Homelite didn't have an 18 in. bar.It was either 14,16,or 20 in.bars.Homelite didn't start producing 18 in.bars till the '90's,by that time the SEZ's were out of production.I don't believe that there's an 18 in.bar that'll fit the mounting pattern.That's most likely why you have a 20 in.bar on yours.I also believe that the later made SEZ's were 41 cc.

Maybe it was recommended bar length was 16", I cant exactly remember. I'd have to research it again

Latest posts

Back