• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Homelite old gear drive saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long ago Homelite had a six slot rim for the clutch. Talk about torque with the gear drive. Danzco likes to gear you up for more speed but you have to watch that when you push on it.

Long ago Homelite had a six slot rim for the clutch. Talk about torque with the gear drive. Danzco likes to gear you up for more speed but you have to watch that when you push on it.
Hello Mike,

I have some of the Homelite six slot rims in 7/6,1/2, and I believe 9/16 . No doubt when coupled with the Oregon rim drive adapter for the gear drives you had torque. In the picture I posted above from left to right there is a Oregon rim drive adapter for Poulan gear drive saws, Oregon rim drive adapter for Homelite gear drive saws, my first design rim drive adapter for Homelite gear drive saws which I improved, and then a failed attempt to use a Danzco solid rim with a tapered hub. Folks need to ignore the hub but Danzco will sell you a straight bored rim that will get you sawing

Danzco or I can fix that in a few minutes.
My question was purely curiosity, I have an old 7-21 thats gear drive and 1/2" pitch. No real interest in running it often, however the chain is about shot and I was thinking they had offered several models with. 404 on them. Can't see spending $50.00 + shipping on a .404 sprocket off evilbay if I can pick a saw up for a little more.

My question was purely curiosity, I have an old 7-21 thats gear drive and 1/2" pitch. No real interest in running it often, however the chain is about shot and I was thinking they had offered several models with. 404 on them. Can't see spending $50.00 + shipping on a .404 sprocket off evilbay if I can pick a saw up for a little more.
I wish you great luck in your endeavors as $50 on a gear is dirt cheap and finding a saw with one on it is hard has hell to do.

Latest posts

Back