Homelite ranger 33cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschroeder

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just picked up a used homelite ranger at my local shop to use as a "beater/dirt saw" I do lawn work on the weekend as a side gig and just not wild about abusing the redmax or echo.

Cut a few logs with it yesterday seemed like a decent "homeowner duty" saw and atleast was still a US made saw. Did I do ok for $100 with case and a few extra chains?

Yea, as long as it runs good, you can still find tons of parts for them. If you look on feabay, Starting bids for non running saws usually start out at $20 then the $20-$40 shipping. So you could have a starting prive of upwards of $60. Or you'll find deals where the starting price is $10 with $25 shipping, with the description readin "this saw last ran a few years ago when put up. I am moving, (blah blah blah), or have no use for this saw since I got a new one" So people will bid on it thinking it needs a $5-10 carb kit, some fuel line and filter. Only later to find out at first the bar and chain is rusted or wore out bad ($30 up) and/or ignition module shot ($50up) and then last but not least, you take the muffler off and find a nicely scored piston they forgot to mention. So that project saw you bought online getting it running can well exceed $100. Not to mention the most valuable thing of all it takes away is time to fix it.

She runs great starts easy cuts decent. Wouldn't keep up against my redmax gz380 (which I wouldn't expect it to at all).

Latest posts

Back