Homelite SXL and 360

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seesaw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I ran across an "old school" saw dealer yesterday. He had both, an SXL and a 360 in his shed that looked to be in great shape. I carefully asked him if they ran and he proclaimed "like the day I took them out of the box."

What are these saws worth in good working order? BillG, John in MA??

He also had some old blue Homies with alot of dust on them.
Thanks in advance,
Seesaw

SXLs are sturdy but very dated saws, the 360 is a nice one but I've heard they're as little on the heavy side and parts are getting to be a problem. eBay values are probably on the order of $75 and $125+ if both are like new, but I'd never pay that in person or on eBay.

The last 'list prices' were SXL $432.99 (1996) and 360 $519.99 (1994). I should have any parts for either model new or used.

Bill W,

That may be the list price but the SXL was the $299 Homelite flagship saw. Now with that being said it has nothing to do with there value today. The value quoted by John of $75-$125 is probably going catch nearly all of these saws. The rare exception is those that are truly like new. There were some SXL's that were produced late in the Homelite era that were blue. I think they were the last ones actually produced. I guess they knew they screwed the company up and were trying to drum up some nostalgia. One of those "new" "Ol Blues" might make $200.

Seesaw,

I notice you are from Illinois. If you are in northwestern IL there is an old Homelite dealer in Rock Island, IL that would have a huge selection of nearly all the Homelites up to a 750. He thinks they are plated in gold but it is nice to see. I am not sure how much longer he is going to be able to hold on. He told me he had to let nearly all of his help go.

Just my random observations,

Bill

The 360 is a great saw except for the intake boots go all the time, and when they leak can burn the saw up from being lean. They are a little heavy

Not sure on the c.i. of the SXL, but they have a devoted following it seems. VERY durable saw, heavy and slow

Back