• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Homelite XL-101 Parts saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonCraig

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Looking to buy an XL-101 parts saw. Specifically need recoil starter, handle, muffler (though I'd prefer the muffler off a 102 or 103). Don't need the bar/chain. Anyone have a non-runner around that they're looking to sell? Thanks!

--JC

I might have some of these parts at home. I bought a truck load of NOS homelite parts couple weeks ago. Still doing inventory of what all I got, but I remember some 101, 102, 103 parts

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I'm down to only one of the XL-101 types. And, this one is sticking around.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445281106.600151.jpg

I do have a NOS early 101 jug. 1 15/16" spigot diameter. Later production (57cc) went to 2" spigot.
XL-12 pistons work in the 54cc and SXL work in the 57cc. New ones on evilbay.

Also have a complete recoil starter (ugly, red & white).

Pretty much got out of 101 types. I passed the baton to Jerry Morrow.[emoji48]

I do have a NOS early 101 jug. 1 15/16" spigot diameter. Later production (57cc) went to 2" spigot.
XL-12 pistons work in the 54cc and SXL work in the 57cc. New ones on evilbay.

How can I tell whether or not mine is early or later? It's blue, if that helps date it. It has the screw-together gas tank, too, which I think might put it later?

Help me with "spigot diameter". The inside diameter of my jug is 1.75 inches (digital calipers). The outside diameter of my jug is 1.97", the inside diameter of my "block"(?) (the crankcase that contains the crank) measures 1.99". I'm assuming this is the "spigot", and therefore mine is the later, 2" model?

Help me with "spigot diameter". The inside diameter of my jug is 1.75 inches (digital calipers). The outside diameter of my jug is 1.97", the inside diameter of my "block"(?) (the crankcase that contains the crank) measures 1.99". I'm assuming this is the "spigot", and therefore mine is the later, 2" model?
Yup, a bit later run. Nominal 2" spigot.

Also very early models has a three screw 'magneto backplate' and later have five screws.

Back