Homelite XL tophandle oiler parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mill_wannabe

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I acquired a couple of Homelite XL tophandle saws this weekend as projects. These are the little 26cc machines with the pressure oiling setup. In looking in the bar oil tank, I see both are missing the duckbill checkvalves and the porous brass tube.# The duckbill valve is easy to find, but what about the porous brass tube?

Without those pieces, you get a heck of a smoke show... :)

Hi folks,

I acquired a couple of Homelite XL tophandle saws this weekend as projects. These are the little 26cc machines with the pressure oiling setup. In looking in the bar oil tank, I see both are missing the duckbill checkvalves and the porous brass tube.# The duckbill valve is easy to find, but what about the porous brass tube?

So thats why mine smokes so much...I'll be watching this thread. Thanks for posting.

The reason for the porous tube is so pressure can bleed off after the saw stops running. If a solid tube was used, then the oil would seep out until pressure was equilized. Changes in temperature could force the oil to seep out also.

Dan

Thanks, Dan. That's how I thought it worked. Are these porous tubes still available somewhere?

I'd guess Calvin may have some. Hay Calvin, ya out there? If not, Kyle at Edge and Engine may be able to help.

Dan

chainsawlady

Hi folks,

Mill_wannabe
I have some of the brass tubes #69659. Price is $2.43 the last price quoted in the parts list.
chainsawlady

I'd guess Calvin may have some. Hay Calvin, ya out there? If not, Kyle at Edge and Engine may be able to help.

Dan

Ya im here was out posting on some other threads i dont just handle homelite do have the duckbills original not aftermarket 69451 i also have the oregon replacements the duckbills are on sell 2 for $ 1.99 if that is the regualr small XL i may have some used tubes if i do they are Free of charge with order of $ 20.00 or more

Thanks, folks! Now I need to see if there's anything else I'll need before I order.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these brass fittings (69659) that to go with the duckbill for the oiler?

Latest posts

Back