Homelite XL - Worth the time?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just about everything to build my little metal XL saw. Found a new bar and chain for it but I will still need a db valve and maybe a better air filter.
I will bet that my "little XL" saw that is all metal is a tad older than yours. Mine is blue and shows XL-101. The guy who gave it to be said it's at least 60 years old, circa 1960. I got the engine running fine but it has a bar oil leak from the tank that cracked possibly 45 years ago. So, it's an old shelf queen.

Regardless, I still like to hear it now and then. By far, it's the loudest saw that I own.

I will bet that my "little XL" saw that is all metal is a tad older than yours. Mine is blue and shows XL-101. The guy who gave it to be said it's at least 60 years old, circa 1960. I got the engine running fine but it has a bar oil leak from the tank that cracked possibly 45 yers ago. So, it's an old shelf queen.

Regardless, I still like to hear it now and then. By far, it's the loudest saw that I own.
You're probably right, mine is red, the standard one trigger model with the short handle. I've not had it running yet but when I pulled it over it seemed to make a funny noise like maybe loose bearings or something. I think I still have a spare engine or two sitting around though..

Back