Homelite XL2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAG58

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
New old saw :cool: Look like it’s in weary good condition, but missing the ignition wire, no carbon on the piston and little wear to the saw overall.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice lil saw! Good pics too.

That is one of the more desirable ones that took this form due to the dual triggers. Single needle carb or double?

I sold one of these on Ebay last year for $90!

Judging br the bar, that one has seen little use. :clap:

Wait!.....stop!!...it's A Trap!!!!!!!!!

Now you gone and done it.....I just walked back out to my plow truck and the pic tells it all.

You fix ONE of this type saw and they multiply like rabbits

I will be posting a topic soon on these saws

This is one that I will have. It's look's good, but don't know mush before I have taken it apart and gone over it. I will fix it up and keep it, just for the fun of it :help:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice lil saw! Good pics too.

I sold one of these on Ebay last year for $90!
:

How come everyone else can make money on saws but me :bang: I tried to sell one of those saws right here on AS that was in good shape for $25 , not one offer on it, tried to sell it local, no takers, put it on e-bay awhile back I didn't get no $90 I was lucky to get a 1/3 of that.

Yep, you let them little guys in your shop and they multiply, which is not good, they can literally take over if you let them.

Never mind that

I have to clear them out of the back of my pick up every three weeks or so

They're kind of like zucchini in august

But they are great little cheap and easy saws to work with. My 10 yr old has been learning to run a saw with one (with my help). Textron made the things for like 40 years so they are everywhere. A 14" bar and chain at Lowes is only $24 so they see a lot of dirty work.

Jamie

How come everyone else can make money on saws but me :bang: I tried to sell one of those saws right here on AS that was in good shape for $25 , not one offer on it, tried to sell it local, no takers, put it on e-bay awhile back I didn't get no $90 I was lucky to get a 1/3 of that.

I have a secret.

I was able to sell the one mentioned above and two more for $80 each to some local people.

Care to share this secret or is it top secret:laugh:

I have 1 running XL left that has a 10 in bar, I even have a scabbard for it, I would love to sell it for $80. The only reason I keep this saw is it makes a nice conversation piece with that short bar on it for the mini saws that I have in my collection.

Larry

If I told you it wouldnt be a secret!

Really I was just having a run of good luck. The first add was full of pretty pics showing the saw cutting wood, all cleaned up setting in a bed of curly fries (people dig this shot) and there was lots of info and a BIN.

Some local folks came by to pick up the saw and we were going in to the computer for them to use BIN on my comp and when we got ther the saw was sold, this happened in the 5min it took for them to check out the saw.:dizzy:

But I told them "Dont worry, Ive got another one" and we proceded to the garage. After 15min of thrashing in front of them, I had the second one running and offered to let them cut some wood as a demo.

They proceded to burn up a whole tank of fuel cutting up my firewood! (BONUS!!)

They bought that one for $80 (no auction fees) and they were tickled pink, so pink they went home and told a friend who wondered out loud "????, now I want one of them lil things, their so cool!", and the ladys son (who cut up all my firewood) proclaimed "I think hes got another one".

Then my phone rang and I sold one to their friend.

And thats my secret, sell one to the friend! :cheers:

Semi OT Sprocket Replacement XL2

Seeing the photo of the sproket reminded me I need to replace a sprocket on a super 2 which I believe is the same sproket on the XL2. I have an old part list that has "A-70221-C Sproket and Drum" I've seen sprokets listed with a different part no. (# A95653E)Was the A-70221-C replaced with this number?

Thanks

Seeing the photo of the sproket reminded me I need to replace a sprocket on a super 2 which I believe is the same sproket on the XL2. I have an old part list that has "A-70221-C Sproket and Drum" I've seen sprokets listed with a different part no. (# A95653E)Was the A-70221-C replaced with this number?

Thanks

A-70221-C is probably the original Homelite part number, any aftermarket sproket, like one made by Oregon for example will have a different number. On my little XL I replaced both the sprocket and chain with Oregon parts that matched as far as pitch, in my case 3/8" low profile.

Latest posts

Back