• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Homelite xp1020 Cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnDeere4020

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post on the site so I'm sorry in advance if I've messed something up.
I recently dropped my Homelite xp1020 off at a local saw shop to get a new Proline piston installed and the cylinder cleaned up.
A few days went by and I got a call from them saying one of their new guys tried to force the cylinder over the piston without holding the rings in properly and broke a pinkie nail size section of the cylinder skirt off.
Anyone know of any good trees to bark up to find a decent cylinder? Anyone have one sitting on a shelf? Will a 1050 cylinder fit the 1020? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I still have it, am slowly getting her back to a runner. However, like anything I may be talked out of it.

I agree with you Yukon but a family friend owns the saw shop and he's been good to me in the past, I guess good help is hard to find now days.
I'll see if I can't figure out how to throw a few pictures of the damage up this evening after work.
Thanks for the replies guys!

Hey guys,
Here's the pictures of the cylinder of my xp1020, I just picked it up from the shop and it looks worse than I expected.
What do you guys think? I thought the chip missing was lower on the skirt opposed to the base of the cylinder wall. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
It looks like that cylinder is missing a lot of plating in addition to the broken lower edges - I would say it's definitely junk.

You might get a hold of Bryce at customchainsawparts on Ebay - he's got a lot of stuff and might be able to get you something.

Latest posts

Back