Honda GX270 generator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawworld

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Man am I stuck,
I have a Honda generator that will run for a brief period of time, hesitate, then stall, it seems like it is starving for fuel but I checked fuel flow and it is not at all slow. I replaced the carb with a brand new one and no change. I disconnected the oil safety switch and no change. idle or under load-no change. I could see if the engine had time to warm up the ignition being an issue but it does not reach normal operating temp. any ideas?????
thank you :(

I checked the vent and it was working properly. I also ran it with the cap off. This is a true Honda and not one of those new spin offs.

It is very difficult to stump me when it comes to engines. I have compression, fuel delivery and spark. Fuel, compression and ignition seem consistent so where is the variable?????? I have an ignition tester from Laser Sales that is an in-line bulb that allows you to see the spark. I have had engines that were able to run with the in-line in place. I will now check to see if I can measure loss at the bulb.

Process of elimination. You rarely see coil issues with Hondas but not impossible.

Old lines may constrict or open with temp change. Dunno what happens in your area but lines do the weirdest things when soaked in fuel and the mercury dumps.

Latest posts

Back