hopefully no one does this...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked like a relatively young guy, obviously not very experienced. Saw there was still quite a bit of holding wood on the stump too.

I was wondering just how much closer that camera guy was going to get.

The way I see it,This young bloke should have told how lucky he or anyone else was not injured..! a pat on the back which he basically got from the older dude will turn into false confidence that could lead to his death or someone else!!..I know you have to learn somewhere..he should have been corrected...but I suppose both of them don't know..an accident waiting to happen!!a pity..anyway not in my work area!!:jawdrop:

Missed it by that much...

At least he did not fell the tree on his Stihl saw! That was what I was expecting it to do... roll out of the hinge and fall right on his saw. :cheers:

Face cut more than 1/3 depth of the tree, sloping backcut, uneven hinge, steel wedge, short rope...... Oh boy, this guy needs some serious help!!! If he got hurt he would have been considered a PRO and been another stitistic to jack up our insurance!

Some people think PPE is just for keeping your hair in place.:dizzy: Once it's on your head your safe.:( "Enough knowledge to be dangerous" comes to mind.:)

Ryan Willock said:
Face cut more than 1/3 depth of the tree, sloping backcut, uneven hinge, steel wedge, short rope...... Oh boy, this guy needs some serious help!!! If he got hurt he would have been considered a PRO and been another stitistic to jack up our insurance!

A steel wedge is better than no wedge. A longer rope would be nice though.

TreemanFJR said:
A steel wedge is better than no wedge. A longer rope would be nice though.

Look at the other vid's, the rope is not up to spec.

More wedges would have hlped him too. :rolleyes:

Looks like Jr. is helping clear land on the family back 40.

Ryan Willock said:

I second that!!! He also should have had another guy on the rope ( which was way too short) so that he didnt have to runthrough the danger zone...not very smart.... 3 plastic wedges would have been ideal for that but that great notch will work just fine...LOL looks to me like a family plot of land and they were clearing for a home. also what a great spot to put that darn saw!
this could have ended up alot worse than it did.

I watched a few more of the videos and the only PPE he uses is a helmet, but not the screen or ear muffs. Video 8 he is drop starting with out any chaps. I would have bought the chaps before the helment. This guy is going to end up hurting himself or one of his buddies.
Hopefullly he has a good gardian angel:angel:

woodbug said:
I watched a few more of the videos and the only PPE he uses is a helmet, but not the screen or ear muffs. Video 8 he is drop starting with out any chaps. I would have bought the chaps before the helment. This guy is going to end up hurting himself or one of his buddies.
Hopefullly he has a good gardian angel:angel:

How about this one?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-xbnE4zzwbI&mode=related&search=

This has to be a joke or something. He can't actually be that retarded.
No, let me rephrase that. I know some retarded people that would be offended by comparing them to this idiot. I think he thinks he actually knows what he's doing, too. By the time he's old enough to drink he might have cut a couple more trees down.

Just to clear my mind after watching this awful display I joined Youtube just to send him a message to stop until he knows what he is doing. The worst part is that people think this is a good thing. There is actually a message praising the guy... "if someone wants to use a chainsaw you made the best series of vids i"ve ever seen on how to sharpen and use them correctly>>>>thx:)":bang: :bang: :bang:
I guess this just is another expample of Darwinism working in our favor.

Latest posts

Back